Preparing HS3 migration: How to execute exe on remote computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing HS3 migration: How to execute exe on remote computer

I'm finally starting to look into move my HS2 setup to HS3. Much of what I'm using is in place, and hopefully my daughter nr 2 (8 months old now) will sleep better soon (the damned teeth!). I need the energy it takes to take the plunge.

However, I see that Stipus hasn't released a Script Connector for HS3. Is there a way I can get HS3 to run a program on a remote computer?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Congratulations on your new daughter (#2) Magnus!

Bunch of ways to do this.

1 - "new" remote plugin HS3 capabilities that run in Wintel and or Linux
    2 - Michael's xAP way using xAP as a conduit between HS2 and HS3
    3 - Jon00's HS3/HS2 or HS2/HS3 conduit (works with either Linux or Wintel based HS3)
    4 - legacy direct calls to HS3/HS2 gui or the variety of doing some sort of TCP or network control.
    5 - you can "double up" on your wireless stuff using one to send out commands and another receiver tor receive and action on commands is another way as simple as wireless X10 stuff.....(similiar to the script connector you write about).

You can really decide which way works best for you these days....personally here going slow to savor (baby steps) the migration (and I am older)
    Last edited by Pete; February 13, 2014, 10:26 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My remote Computer Control & Network Monitor package will do this. There is both a HS2 and HS3 version available.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        ....personally here going slow to savor (baby steps) the migration (and I am older)
        Don

Comment

I use Jon00's Remote Control Client and Network Monitor package to run various files on client (remote) computers controlled through my HS3 machine. I highly recommend it, as it also allows you to check processes etc, so you could check to see if the exe you want to run is already running prior to deciding weather to launch it.
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

BTW to run a remote plugin on a second computer (in Linux) its just:

"mono nameofplugin server=ipofHomeseer3box"

Here are some snapshots of the Zee running desktop via remote, Webmin and Python.

Aside from HS3 for the Zee its running a remote HAI OPII beta plugin talking to HS3 Pro on Ubuntu 12.10.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Congratulations on your new daughter (#2) Magnus!

Bunch of ways to do this.

1 - "new" remote plugin HS3 capabilities that run in Wintel and or Linux
              2 - Michael's xAP way using xAP as a conduit between HS2 and HS3
              3 - Jon00's HS3/HS2 or HS2/HS3 conduit (works with either Linux or Wintel based HS3)
              4 - legacy direct calls to HS3/HS2 gui or the variety of doing some sort of TCP or network control.
              5 - you can "double up" on your wireless stuff using one to send out commands and another receiver tor receive and action on commands is another way as simple as wireless X10 stuff.....(similiar to the script connector you write about).

You can really decide which way works best for you these days....personally here going slow to savor (baby steps) the migration (and I am older)
              Thanks, Pete. Not so dramatic with the second one, all went well.

I'm actually planning to shut down HS2 when I'm ready, I don't want to have to run it just for some extra functions.

... but I can see that that might be an advantage. WAF needs to be high!

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              My remote Computer Control & Network Monitor package will do this. There is both a HS2 and HS3 version available.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334
              Oh! Excellent!

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
              I use Jon00's Remote Control Client and Network Monitor package to run various files on client (remote) computers controlled through my HS3 machine. I highly recommend it, as it also allows you to check processes etc, so you could check to see if the exe you want to run is already running prior to deciding weather to launch it.
              Even better!

Jon, you need to sell your stuff better...
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
              X