Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Voice Command Syntax?

Hello,
    I was trying to get most of my events and voice commands transitioned over to HS3, and was curious what the syntax is now as compared to HS2?
    For instance you used to be able to use | to do multiple words in a recognition phrase, such as (on|off) or use brackets to do optional words, etc. I tried this with HS3 but it doesn't appear to be working. Has the syntax changed?

Thanks!

Anyone else running into this? I tried a few simple tests such as "turn light (on|off)" and it doesn't seem to recognize it at all.

Comment

I've not tried voice recognition yet, but there are a lot of examples in the help file (Tools/Help/HomeSeer Help File/Voice Recognition). An example from the file:

The format of the event creation command is as follows, "|" separates optional words where only one word may be spoken. "[]" indicates word is optional. "<R>" indicates that the next word may be repeated, such as "forty five".

in
      <R>(one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine|ten|eleven| twelve|thirteen|fourteen|fifteen|sixteen|seventeen|eighteen| nineteen|twenty|twenty five|thirty|thirty five|forty|forty five|fifty|fifty five|sixty|sixty five|seventy|seventy five|eighty|eighty five|ninety)
      (seconds|minutes|hours|days|minute|hour|day)
      (turn|shut)
      (on|off)
      [the]
      (device1|device2|etc.)
      [for]
      [<R>(one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine|ten|eleven| twelve|thirteen|fourteen|fifteen|sixteen|seventeen|eighteen| nineteen|twenty|twenty five|thirty|thirty five|forty|forty five|fifty|fifty five|sixty|sixty five|seventy|seventy five|eighty|eighty five|ninety)
      (seconds|minutes|hours|days|minute|hour|day)]

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
        I've not tried voice recognition yet, but there are a lot of examples in the help file (Tools/Help/HomeSeer Help File/Voice Recognition). An example from the file:

The format of the event creation command is as follows, "|" separates optional words where only one word may be spoken. "[]" indicates word is optional. "<R>" indicates that the next word may be repeated, such as "forty five".

in
        <R>(one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine|ten|eleven| twelve|thirteen|fourteen|fifteen|sixteen|seventeen|eighteen| nineteen|twenty|twenty five|thirty|thirty five|forty|forty five|fifty|fifty five|sixty|sixty five|seventy|seventy five|eighty|eighty five|ninety)
        (seconds|minutes|hours|days|minute|hour|day)
        (turn|shut)
        (on|off)
        [the]
        (device1|device2|etc.)
        [for]
        [<R>(one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine|ten|eleven| twelve|thirteen|fourteen|fifteen|sixteen|seventeen|eighteen| nineteen|twenty|twenty five|thirty|thirty five|forty|forty five|fifty|fifty five|sixty|sixty five|seventy|seventy five|eighty|eighty five|ninety)
        (seconds|minutes|hours|days|minute|hour|day)]
        I have had no success with the formatting as suggested above since going to HS3. Also, the HS3 help file no longer contains this syntax (unless it is hidden somewhere). It is unfortunate as I had a lot of events using this kind of trigger. Now I have to create a new event for each permeation of the command phrase.

Comment

Working...
        X