Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Automation fits and starts - mostly success...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
    How Do I do this?

Informational Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded.
    Apr-25 20:46:46 Informational Brultech ECM Device connection to 172.16.0.8 (172.16.0.8:8000)
    Apr-25 20:46:46 Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '172.16.0.8:8000' for 1123 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    If you are connected by Ethernet, just point a browser to the GEM IP address. You would have had to go to that interface to configure it.

The live data page can be accessed from the main web interface.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      If you are connected by Ethernet, just point a browser to the GEM IP address. You would have had to go to that interface to configure it.

The live data page can be accessed from the main web interface.
      I do not have anything like that

first page is this
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not have anything like that

first page is this
        That looks like the WiFi configuration page. How did you get into the configuration to set up the channel options and CT configuration?

Comment

That looks like the WiFi configuration page. How did you get into the configuration to set up the channel options and CT configuration?
          I just got to where I think I should be. by adding the port number...

I have no setup information about this

Comment

Here is the setup manual, I just downloaded from Brultech at http://www.brultech.com/software/files/getsoft/1/1
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the setup manual, I just downloaded from Brultech at http://www.brultech.com/software/files/getsoft/1/1
              now I'm very confused. this seems to be a secondary area in the device. I'm not sure what I need to edit.. do I need to edit packet send info? post data info?

the network section does not match. do I put in the ip address I assigned to the wireless NIC

Comment

would you mind telling me exactly how yours is setup? I am wanting to duplicate your setup.

I understand the CT types and channels will not be the same.

But specifically the settings that get the ultraecm and the device communicating

Comment

would you mind telling me exactly how yours is setup? I am wanting to duplicate your setup.

I understand the CT types and channels will not be the same.

But specifically the settings that get the ultraecm and the device communicating
                  I'm not sure if it will communicate anything until the CTs and channels are configured. After those are setup and the packet format is set according to the UltraECM manual you should start seeing data in the plug-in. After it is inserting into the database, then you should see the devices you set up populated with data.

Comment

I'm not sure if it will communicate anything until the CTs and channels are configured. After those are setup and the packet format is set according to the UltraECM manual you should start seeing data in the plug-in. After it is inserting into the database, then you should see the devices you set up populated with data.
                    I have set up the first CT. I am also getting a reading in live status.
                    I am going through the ultraedm manual. and I think I am getting somewhere...

do you have it in server mode on the GEM
                    and client in ultraedm

your have an address set as 0.0.0.0:8000 in devices in elraedm?

Comment

I have set up the first CT. I am also getting a reading in live status.
                      I am going through the ultraedm manual. and I think I am getting somewhere...

do you have it in server mode on the GEM
                      and client in ultraedm

your have an address set as 0.0.0.0:8000 in devices in elraedm?
                      I got it... it was the damn windows firewall blocking the port

Comment

is there a way make the GEM send data to the energy information in homeseer?

Comment

is there a way make the GEM send data to the energy information in homeseer?
                          If you are referring to HomeSeer's built in energy charting, then no. You can pull up charts in UltraECM or use Jon00's or Shill's Device History graphing programs.

I know there was discussion late in 2014 or early in 2015 about providing this functionality, but it sort of died quietly.

Comment

As rprade says, not directly. That being said, I'm using btmon.py to get data from my GEM into Emoncms and then a little PHP script to get (a small amount of) data out of Emoncms and into Homeseer via their APIs. I use it to display my current watt usage and daily KWh usage in HSMetro.

Comment

I have a Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Home Energy Meter, 2nd Edition
                              that's what I was using. I have it turned off for the moment. But I can turn it back on. It just reports the service entry and is connected into home seer energy info. I'm not to sure what the benefits are to keeping it, besides I already have it.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you want to see and where you want to see it. Other than reporting whole house watts and whole house KWh, I don't send any data from my GEM to Homeseer. I have several nodes on my zWave network that report electricity usage, but I've never had much success with the Homeseer energy reporting (it never seems to show me numbers that make sense on a consistent basis).

I do all my electricity usage reporting and analysis in Emoncms. In fact, one of my near to mid term projects is to start getting electricity usage data out of Homeseer into Emoncms so I can go from whole house, to per circuit, to per load usage reporting.

Comment

Working...
                                X