Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event re-triggers during day

Hi all,
    I'm just learning my way around HS3, and I can't see how to do this.
    I have a small dog that likes to sit on the stairs during the day. To keep her warm, I have put a small electric blanket on the stairs that needs to be ON between 07:00 and 18:00. Unfortunately the blanket locks out with a red light after 45 minutes and needs to be turned off for 60 seconds to reset, and so I have made a HS3 event that:

1. Triggers at 07:00 {Conditions - Checks if time is after sunrise but < 18:00}
    2. Turns the blanket OFF for 1 minute.
    3. Turns the blanket ON for 30 minutes.
    4. Turns the blanket OFF.
    5. Calls a second event to restart this event.

The second event (Presently in a different group):

6. Is manually triggered {Conditions- Checks if < 18:00}
    7. Re-starts the first event.

The looping events work, and the blanket is switched as expected, however, the 18:00 condition has no effect and so the blanket will switch ON and OFF all night as well

Can anybody tell me how to get the 18:00 condition to work ?

Pictures of small dog sitting on electric blanket available on request
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

I *think* it is because when an event is called from another event it is considered "manually triggered" and "Any other triggers or conditions set on the event are ignored and the actions are executed". This would seem to be true, because your event must ignore the 7:00am trigger in the primary event when it is manually triggered from the second event, so it stands to reason that it would ignore the condition of "before 6:00PM" as well. Since the second event is manually triggered it ignores the before 6:00PM condition in that event.

Assuming this is the case, have your event's trigger to be a recurring trigger that happens every 31 minutes instead of having it trigger at 7:00AM. So it would be
    • Trigger: recurring trigger every 31 minutes
    • Condition: Time is after sunrise, but before 6:00PM (or you could use the time is daytime)
    • Action: turn the blanket on
    • Action: turn the blanket off - after a delay of 30 minutes
    This would start the event within 0-31 minutes after sunrise and give you a one minute cool down every 30 minutes, then quit at 6:00PM (or sunset).
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

It occurs to me that if you want it to start at exactly sunrise you could create two events.

Event 1:
      • Trigger: the time is sunrise
      • Action: turn the blanket off
      • Action: turn the blanket on - after a delay of 1 minute

Event 2:
      • Trigger: recurring trigger every 31 minutes
      • Condition: Time is after sunrise, but before 6:00PM (or you could use the time is daytime)
      • Action: remove delayed device actions for blanket
      • Action: turn the blanket off
      • Action: turn the blanket on - after a delay of 1 minute
      This would turn the blanket on at 1 minute after sunrise for 0-30 minutes, then retrigger at 31 minute intervals.

Comment

Thank you

I am trying the first version and will feedback after 18:00 (UK).
        Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

In your events, you have one which has the conditions (e.g. time is before or after x), and then you have your second event which triggers the first one.

If in the second event, you select the action which triggers the first event, there should be an aircraft like symbol (red) which is advanced settings, click on this and it will open the advanced settings. There is a setting which is run only if true or something similar to that, this will only run the event if the conditions are met and not ignore the conditions.

Hopefully that helps
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Sorry, just reread and noticed that you have if the time is x condition, so you could either make it a manual with conditions then have two events which trigger the third (manual with conditions event) or with the 1800 event set it to ignore conditions of the initial event and with the 1800 one put conditions on that event.
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
              Thank you

I am trying the first version and will feedback after 18:00 (UK).
              I'm interested to hear how it works out. I forgot to add that the last run of the event will be between 1-30 minutes before sunset, so the blanket will run up to 30 minutes after sunset. If you don't want that to happen another event cold be created
              • Trigger: sunset
              • Action: remove delayed device actions for blanket
              • Action: turn blanket off

Comment

Sorted !

I tried rprades first suggestion, and it has worked very well. I did not need it to stop at exactly 18:00, and was happy to see in the log that it finally turned off at 18:23

travisdh: I had been looking for the "true" thing, as I had previously done something similar in HS2. The single recurring event does this job very well, so I am happy with it now.

Thank you all for a great forum !

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                  I tried rprades first suggestion, and it has worked very well. I did not need it to stop at exactly 18:00, and was happy to see in the log that it finally turned off at 18:23

travisdh: I had been looking for the "true" thing, as I had previously done something similar in HS2. The single recurring event does this job very well, so I am happy with it now.

Thank you all for a great forum !
                  I'm glad it is working well for you. Simple solutions are always the best. The picture as my Avatar is my Airedale when she was 8 weeks old. She's the opposite in that she will lay out in the snow and watch the world go by

Comment

My wife is after an enhancement to this event, and I'm experimenting to see how to do it. I will be trying out a few things today, but any thoughts on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Basically the usual event works very well, and I am normally home by 17:45. Last night I came home at 20:00 and the dog was still sitting on the stairs waiting for me and she was cold

My wife had pushed the manual button on the z-wave socket to turn the blanket back on at around 18:50, thinking HS3 would do the 30 minute on/off event, but of course it didn't, and the blanket eventually locked out with the red LED leaving the dog cold again.

Initial thoughts:

1. Can HS3 identify that the manual button on the z-wave socket has been pushed, rather than a z-wave command having switching the socket ?

2. Since polling for this socket is around 20 minutes, HS3 would always know that the socket was ON before the blanket locked out, so could check the time and start the 30 minute looping again.

3. But could I then stop the looping by depressing the manual switch on the z-wave socket

4. This may be better if I use the earlier method to stop the original event at exactly 18:00; then anything happening after 18:00 could trigger the "late" event.

Time to put the coffee on !

Comment

Well, the answer was that Homeseer does know that the button has been pushed on the Z-wave socket, so:

New event
                      If "dog blanket" changes and becomes ON,
                      And if time is after 18:30
                      Then set virtual device "dog Late blanket" triggered to ON

Triggering virtual device "dog late blanket" to ON then triggers another new event, which is similar to the original looping event, but the looping stops either if the virtual device goes OFF, or at 23:59.

I love it when a plan comes together !

Comment

Working...
                      X