Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Group Conditions work in Events???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Group Conditions work in Events???

I can't find any documentation or thread discussing how Group Conditions/Actions work.

I suspected that if you set a Group Condition, then all events would occur according to their own triggers within that group so long as the overriding group condition was met.

For example:
    If Group Condition is Alarm Zone Armed Away:
    Event: If motion front porch detected then Fporch counter increment.
    Event: If motion back porch detected then Bporch counter increment.

I've tested it, and events within a group with a condition still trigger even if the group condition is NOT met.

So what's the purpose for Group Conditions/Actions? How is this supposed to work?
    Thanks
    Regards,
    Chris
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.531 Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 651 devises & 154 events
    Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation2 / WeatherXML / Z-Wave

Originally posted by CeeTee View Post
    I can't find any documentation or thread discussing how Group Conditions/Actions work.

I suspected that if you set a Group Condition, then all events would occur according to their own triggers within that group so long as the overriding group condition was met.

For example:
    If Group Condition is Alarm Zone Armed Away:
    Event: If motion front porch detected then Fporch counter increment.
    Event: If motion back porch detected then Bporch counter increment.

I've tested it, and events within a group with a condition still trigger even if the group condition is NOT met.

So what's the purpose for Group Conditions/Actions? How is this supposed to work?
    Thanks
    Group conditions are not automatically applied to events in a group. You must edit the individual events by adding this condition: AND IF The Group Conditions are [all TRUE] or [all FALSE].

This allows you to create a group condition but then to cherry pick which events in the group are subject to it.
    website | products | support | youtube

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Group conditions are not automatically applied to events in a group. You must edit the individual events by adding this condition: AND IF The Group Conditions are [all TRUE] or [all FALSE].

This allows you to create a group condition but then to cherry pick which events in the group are subject to it.
      Ok thanks! While I can see that's useful if you have a stack of conditions (you only need to add the group condition to each event)...wouldn't it be even more useful if you didn't have to even have a group condition for each event within a group?

Thanks
      Chris
      Regards,
      Chris
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.531 Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 651 devises & 154 events
      Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation2 / WeatherXML / Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        This is great. However, can I only create one group condition? For instance, I have a group "Lightning". In that group I have insight lightning and outside lightning. For outsight lightning there is backyard lighting and front lightning. All of those share some schedules but differ in others. So I need different groups. Can this be done?

Comment

Originally posted by CeeTee View Post
          Ok thanks! While I can see that's useful if you have a stack of conditions (you only need to add the group condition to each event)...wouldn't it be even more useful if you didn't have to even have a group condition for each event within a group?
          Thank heavens I found this thread. I have a whole heap of events that have the same trigger, but different conditions. I was going to create a new group, put the main trigger as its condition, and then all the events within no longer need to worry about that main trigger - they just check their own individual circumstances and away they go. Fantastic.

BUT NO... per this thread that's not how this undocumented feature works. Each of the events would need the AND IF GROUP CONDITION set. So that's just a total and utter waste of time, I might as well just leave them all having the same trigger on them as they already do as there would be no simplifying at all. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
          X