The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

Anyone know how to resolve this email sending error.

"The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure"

The email server is working fine and I am not using ssl so what certificate is it talking about?

What email provider are you using?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

My Own Email server, works perfectly fine with other things I have sending emails from, just HS3 doesn't like it.

I should also add, HS2 works fine with it.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old message but I searched and this was the only reference I could find to this.

I just installed HS3 pro for the first time and am getting this error while I have "Use Gmail" selected.
        12/2/2014 6:48:16 AM ~!~Error~!~Unable to log into Gmail server: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

I have enabled IMAP and POP on the account, logged into the account via IE and Chrome and am still getting this error.

Any thoughts?

-S

Comment

In the same boat as SmartControl

My own email server, telnetting to port 25 works fine, but when HS3 tries to send an email it gives me the same error, and I also do not have Use SSL checked. WHY is it trying to use a cert??

Anyone??

RESOLVED: Apparently, if the host SUPPORTS TLS, HS3 will use it, even if I don't want it to. So, I setup a new incoming SMTP port (2525 for example), and told it to NOT support TLS on that port. Now, it would be nicer if I could configure HS3 WHICH mechanisms I wanted it to use instead of jsut assuming that since TLS is available, it should use it..
          Last edited by pstemper; December 18, 2014, 02:33 AM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

Originally posted by pstemper View Post
            My own email server, telnetting to port 25 works fine, but when HS3 tries to send an email it gives me the same error, and I also do not have Use SSL checked. WHY is it trying to use a cert??

Anyone??

RESOLVED: Apparently, if the host SUPPORTS TLS, HS3 will use it, even if I don't want it to. So, I setup a new incoming SMTP port (2525 for example), and told it to NOT support TLS on that port. Now, it would be nicer if I could configure HS3 WHICH mechanisms I wanted it to use instead of jsut assuming that since TLS is available, it should use it..
            This is a bug and should be reported via the HS bugzilla system.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

It has now been submitted!

Paul

Bugzilla #2471
              Last edited by pstemper; January 30, 2015, 12:56 PM. Reason: Added Bugzilla #

Comment

Ping! Has this been resolved?

I don't think so since I just ran into it myself. I run my own email server and I get this message. I do allow TLS/SSL but I have a self-signed cert (hence the error) but there doesn't seem to be a way to accept it.

The server is local to HS3 so I could also just use SMTP 25 w/o encryption but that doesn't work either. I get the same error.

Comment

Originally posted by pstemper View Post
                  In the same boat as SmartControl

Anyone??

----------

Thank you for this suggestion dude. I finally was able to setup HS4 to send email to a load-balanced email servers.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                    Ping! Has this been resolved?

I don't think so since I just ran into it myself. I run my own email server and I get this message. I do allow TLS/SSL but I have a self-signed cert (hence the error) but there doesn't seem to be a way to accept it.

The server is local to HS3 so I could also just use SMTP 25 w/o encryption but that doesn't work either. I get the same error.
                    -----

Nah. Even with HS4. It seems to perform TLS cert check w/o looking into local certificate store. I had to create a custom port on my email server with basic non-TLS authentication for it to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X