Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Chamberlain MyQ Garage door controller PLUGIN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chamberlain MyQ Garage door controller PLUGIN

    Hello everyone.

    Although I've been using HS2/HS3 for a few years (4?), this is my 1st board post.

    I'm a MONO/.NET developer by trade and built myself a HS3 PlugIn for the Chamberlain MyQ Garage door controller ( http://ismygarageopen.com/ ) which looks like that attached pic.

    I would need to package it up and polish two things but I'd like to know who/how many people would be interested?

    Anyone?
    Attached Files

  • #2
    So, without sounding too cheap. Yes, this is something that I would like to see available, but kind of see it as one of those things that is not a driving force in my automation system so I wouldn't be likely to spend $30 or more.

    I personally think we need to see more free, or low priced plugins under $10 to help get more people using them and even using homeseer. The new HS3 version seems to be lacking the lower priced/free plugins right now.

    But, most of this is useless to you, because right now I don't have myq, but am thinking about adding an opening to an out building, and if these were available I would make sure the new opened is myq.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

    HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

    WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry, I should have said FREE (as in beer). I'm never going to get rich on selling HS Plugins and I'm really only interested in building plugins that I need (or can be convinced that I need).

      Comment


      • #4
        don't get me wrong, I thing there is a place for paid plugins, but those I typically see as main systems, insteon, security system, etc. but when it comes to all the little add-ons, like weather, I don't value them as much...especially when you go through an HS version upgrade and then also have a number of those paid plugins to upgrade.

        and actually, I like the idea of paypal donations for plugins...maybe you wont get rich, but maybe it will cover a few beers.
        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

        HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

        WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the Sears version, but it is the same system, only a different gateway. I would be interested as well. Any troubleshooting or app support for the sears unit is handed off to Chamberlain. Perhaps only the URL would need to change for sears.

          I also second the thoughts of a PayPal donation button for the developers of these small utilities.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I have the Sears version, but it is the same system, only a different gateway. I would be interested as well. Any troubleshooting or app support for the sears unit is handed off to Chamberlain. Perhaps only the URL would need to change for sears.
            So does the Chamberlain MyQ iOS/Android app work for you or are you using a different app, and if so, what app are you using?

            You guys talked me into it. I think I'll give the plugin away for free and take PayPal donations from those who wish.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VikingCoder View Post
              So does the Chamberlain MyQ iOS/Android app work for you or are you using a different app, and if so, what app are you using?

              You guys talked me into it. I think I'll give the plugin away for free and take PayPal donations from those who wish.
              The app is iOS or Android which is the same as the Chamberlain app, but re-branded for Craftsman. The url for account management is http://assurelink.craftsman.com. I have no idea how you are communicating, if it is directly with the gateway IP address, I'll bet it works on both. I know that Chamberlain and Craftsmen accessories are interchangeable. I am using the Chamberlain Homelink adapter and slave light switch. My brother is using a Craftsman wall controller as a secondary controller for his Chamberlain door. I understand that about as many Sears branded Chamberlain door openers are sols as actual Chamberlain branded.

              How are you communicating - is it locally to the home gateway or through the MyQ website?
              Attached Files
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm most certainly game for this plugin.. Still running HS2 at the moment as last time I checked hs3 was a buggy beast and didn't work well with IR commands

                Just as soon as my garage is done being built (scheduled for next week) I'll be starting on the garage door project.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Interested.

                  Thanks for your offer Viking Coder.
                  I'd like to upgrade my doors to the MyQ after I finish stabilizing my HS2toHS3 upgrade. I'd also definitely make a PayPal donation if I use it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would like to see this plug-in and would pay for it. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      How are you communicating - is it locally to the home gateway or through the MyQ website?
                      Through the MyQ API Web (Same as the iOS app) NOT directly to the gateway (which has no open ports). I need to take a look at the Craftsman app to see if it uses the same server.

                      I've been running my Plugin for the past week w/o issues but my userId and Password are hard coded. I'll need to parameterize that and package the plugin up for others to try. Give me a day or two.

                      Thanks for the PayPal offers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VikingCoder View Post
                        Through the MyQ API Web (Same as the iOS app) NOT directly to the gateway (which has no open ports). I need to take a look at the Craftsman app to see if it uses the same server.

                        I've been running my Plugin for the past week w/o issues but my userId and Password are hard coded. I'll need to parameterize that and package the plugin up for others to try. Give me a day or two.

                        Thanks for the PayPal offers.
                        Let me know if I can be any help.

                        Name: www.mychamberlain.com
                        Address: 65.166.255.83

                        Name: www.myliftmaster.com
                        Address: 65.166.255.64

                        Name: craftsmanweb.myqdevice.com
                        Address: 65.166.255.68
                        Aliases: assurelink.craftsman.com

                        They are all definitely in the same neighborhood.
                        Randy Prade
                        Aurora, CO
                        Prades.net

                        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          The app is iOS or Android which is the same as the Chamberlain app, but re-branded for Craftsman...
                          Can you test the attached app for me to be certain I have the Craftsman API correct? I don't have their hardware but I downloaded their app and traced the URLs.

                          On any machine with .NET 4.0 or Mono

                          1. Unzip to a single folder

                          2. Run MyQ and follow the prompts.

                          3. Report back please.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Success!
                            Attached Files
                            Randy Prade
                            Aurora, CO
                            Prades.net

                            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Almost... it should have displayed the doors and their current state within a few seconds.

                              Can you try again? If it doesn't display the door-state then there's something else I'll need to fix.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X