No announcement yet.

Chamberlain MyQ Garage door controller PLUGIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know, a free version of the original plugin was never released. . .the only MyQ Plugin is a paid plugin. . .after you use up your free trial.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      As far as I know, a free version of the original plugin was never released. . .the only MyQ Plugin is a paid plugin. . .after you use up your free trial.
      Sounds like bait and switch then. The author clearly stated this was not about making money. There is nothing wrong with making money but a) then don't pretend that wasn't the intention and b) set a more reasonable price. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        Sounds like bait and switch then. The author clearly stated this was not about making money. There is nothing wrong with making money but a) then don't pretend that wasn't the intention and b) set a more reasonable price. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.
        No.. the person who originally said that they would do it for free is different from the person who actually did it... So, no switching.

On the other hand, I agree that the price of some of these plugins is out of hand. $36 for a plugin that wraps 4 URL's and parses the results to interface for MyQ? That's a bit pricey when you consider that the Pi version of all of HS costs $75 (when it's on sale.) (And no, writing a plugin is NOT hard. I just created an android tasker/autoremote interface in a couple hours.)

I don't know (or care) if the high price is HS greed, author greed, or what. I guess this becomes a question of what price the market will hold. If he's making sales, then good for him. I suspect he'd sell quite a few more if the price was more reasonable. I seriously doubt that the support burden of the plugin is very high.

As it is right now, I'm more inclined to write my own plugin than to pay $36.

Are there any restrictions from HS on open-sourcing code based on HS API's?

Comment

I think that HS takes a cut of the PI, but I could be wrong. The majority of the authors are very responsive to making updates or changes to the PI and ensuring the PI works. The MyQ PI author, kingfetty, was actively pushing updates last month on a Friday afternoon, after people were complaining that same morning that there were issues. That type of support alone is worth the cost of the PI. Now, on the other hand, there are those 5% of PI authors (who shall remain nameless) that put out the PI, get the money, and run.

Comment

Something is wrong with this version

The garage plugin isn't working for me. is this happening for anyone eslse?

Comment

The plug-in referenced in this thread is no longer supported. There is a MyQ plug-in in the store. You can read about it here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1270
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ask Homeseer what their cut is when selling plugins.. That will explain the high prices. I don't remember the cost off the top of my head, but it was substantial.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron19953 View Post
                  Ask Homeseer what their cut is when selling plugins.. That will explain the high prices. I don't remember the cost off the top of my head, but it was substantial.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                  They take 30% http://www.homeseer.com/3rd-party-de...on-policy.html

Comment

Change password

I apologize but I cant figure out how to make a new post from my cell phone but anyway can someone please tell me how to change the password for myQ plugin ?
                    When I try to go to the configuration screen at assay for a username and password but my credentials are not working .
                    Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by cyber_jocky View Post
                      I apologize but I cant figure out how to make a new post from my cell phone but anyway can someone please tell me how to change the password for myQ plugin ?
                      When I try to go to the configuration screen at assay for a username and password but my credentials are not working .
                      Thank you in advance
                      The plug-in in this thread has not been updated for the new API and no longer works. The only working Chamberlain, Craftsman and Liftmaster plug-in is by Kingfetty
                      https://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1270
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am sorry for what might be a silly post but, I note that Liftmaster says you can link their MyQ app to IFTTT. First, I "think" I have completed the link they are talking about but, it is hard to tell and tougher to test. Next, when you look at the actions available... close is there... not open. In the past, I was able to define a device that reported status and when pressed toggled the door open or closed. I am ... stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post
                          I am sorry for what might be a silly post but, I note that Liftmaster says you can link their MyQ app to IFTTT. First, I "think" I have completed the link they are talking about but, it is hard to tell and tougher to test. Next, when you look at the actions available... close is there... not open. In the past, I was able to define a device that reported status and when pressed toggled the door open or closed. I am ... stumped.
                          this PI is long dead, I suggest posting in the thread for the newest IT... https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...a/myq-homeseer

Comment

Working...
                          X