Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
    Hello,

How do you close HS3 in the normal way when it is started from the task scheduler at startup ?
    Thank you !
    HS3 was not designed to be launched this way, so there is no way to 'normally' close it. You would need to kill the process.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

There are a couple of plugins around that will shut down HS and you could also shut down HS by issuing the hs.shutdown script command.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Sparkman,
        I should have thought about it !
        Anyway, it would be nice to have a "shutdown" command in the webserver menu, just like the Hs3 Linux version has (if I remember correctly)

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
          Thanks Sparkman,
          I should have thought about it !
          Anyway, it would be nice to have a "shutdown" command in the webserver menu, just like the Hs3 Linux version has (if I remember correctly)
          You're welcome. You could always use this to add a menu command: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163963.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            HS3 was not designed to be launched this way, so there is no way to 'normally' close it. You would need to kill the process.
            Are you saying HS3 does not voluntarily respond to these shutdown requests:
            • Control-C
            • Send WM_CLOSE to windows (not applicable in most situations, but still wondering)
            • Post WM_QUIT to threads
            • Terminate process (drastic and does not provide for orderly shutdown of HS3)

I admit I have a bias (those 'terminator' features point to a specific product), but still would like to have those validated.

Comment

Have a look at I Think Jon00 plugin has one to shutdown

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                You should install Windows updates manually on your HomeSeer system. That will give you more control over this kind of thing.
                Yeah, Windows 10 doesn't give you a lot of control over that these days.

G

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
                  Yeah, Windows 10 doesn't give you a lot of control over that these days.

G
                  If you want to make Windows 10 not automatically apply updates, you can change your connection to 'metered'. This will cause it to not download updates automatically. Normally you can only change wireless connections to metered. However, here are instructions for changing your wired connection to wireless.

My internet connection is in fact metered since I am on satellite. A big windows update would kill my data cap so I set to metered. I have a 'free' window between midnight and 5am that I can use to download big items if I need to.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/meter-yo...in-windows-10/

Comment

Here is another possible solution

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185991

Comment

Or you can just go to Windows services and disable Windows Update.

Comment

Working...
                      X