Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PebSeer beta: control HomeSeer with your pebble

Hi,

The past current weeks I have been working on a Pebble app that allows me to control HomeSeer (3 only, sorry) from my wrist.

I would like some help in testing the app on different platforms and releases.
    Please send me a PM if you are interested in beta testing the app. At the moment I am looking at 3 Android users and 3 iOS users.

Currently the app supports:
    * Configurable screens: screen config is stored in a homeseer device as a JSON string
    * run events
    * view device status
    * change device status

On the to do list:
    * icons
    * non-ASCII char support

Best regards,
    Kriz
    Last edited by kriz83; January 2, 2015, 06:42 AM. Reason: Added screenshots

Sent you PM.

Comment

I have pebble and iOS.
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Links have been sent !

Comment

Got it installed and a config file created and validated and saved to device. . .pebble app opens, but then says Status Download Failed. Unable to retrieve the latest status of devices, timeout when downloading...JSON?request=getstatus&ref=all

I went to the url directly from my computer and it pulls the complete list of status. . .after about 5 seconds. . .

Comment

Hi kriz,

PM Send

regards

Bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

@TechFan: are you running it on your local network? Requests time out after 5 seconds, i will make that configurable!
                How many devices do you have in HomeSeer ?

Right now it downloads the status of devices whenever a new screen opens. I'll change this so that it only downloads the devices that are displayed on that particular page.

Comment

IPhone users: can you try this link for installing ?

Comment

PebSeer beta: control HomeSeer with your pebble

Yes, local network. Lots of virtual devices from Jon00's weather and graphing plugins (100 total). Probably 40 others. I do think that getting specific devices would likely be better.

Put my pebble app in dev mode to install on iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                      @TechFan: are you running it on your local network? Requests time out after 5 seconds, i will make that configurable!
                      How many devices do you have in HomeSeer ?

Right now it downloads the status of devices whenever a new screen opens. I'll change this so that it only downloads the devices that are displayed on that particular page.
                      Hi Kriz,

In that case I'll likely have issues as well. Was planning to try it tonight. Am at over 1300 devices.

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'll try to create and post a new version tonight when I get back from work.

Comment

New version is uploaded, however I can only send 2 PM's in 10 minutes ...

Changelog:
                          * only fetch status of devices displayed on screen, this should improve load times of installations with a huge amount of devices
                          * check javascript version at startup ...

Regarding the 2nd entry in the changelog ... I noticed that for some reason, Pebble sometimes caches the javascript files and does not update them. If this occurs, the watchapp will now display an error.

To fix this, you should: remove PebSeer from within the Pebble application, clear pebble cache (Android: Settings > Apps > Pebble > Clear cache), kill Pebble, clear cache again and then reinstall ...:-/

Could the ones that are beta testing send me their e-mail addr? Sending PM via the board is a PITA :-(
                          Last edited by kriz83; January 5, 2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

It was not timing out at all tonight at home with the new version. . .then I opened the Pebble app on iOS. . .now it says the javascript version does not match the one supplied by the pbw.

Are there steps for clearing this on iOS?

Comment

Have you tried uninstalling pebseer, force closing the pebble app and reinstall pebseer? If you open the settings page of pebseer, what does it say for JavaScript version?

Comment

Working...
                              X