Raspberry Pi 2 Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Pi 2 Image

I loaded up Raspbian on my Pi2 and created an image in case anyone wants it. The stock Raspbian distro does not come with mono installed or any other support files required for HS3. So, this distro has everything you need except HS3 (of course). Just load up the image and install HS3 and you should be up and running.

The image is on my OneDrive account: http://1drv.ms/1DKWYW8

There are 3 users on this distro, all with the same password: homeseer
    The users are root, pi, homeseer

***After booting the image, login as homeseer and:
    sudo apt-get install mono-complete

Mono 3.2.8 is installed along with flite (TTS) and chromium.

If you guys are using something different with the Pi2, let me know - I'd be interested in how you guys are using yours with HS3.
    Last edited by rmasonjr; August 21, 2015, 12:54 PM. Reason: new link
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Thanks for this. I will try this out today
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Cool - let me know if you run across any issues and I can modify the image.

My goal is to have an image that anyone can download, install HS3, and be up and running quickly.

Comment

Thanks considering buying a Raspberry Pi 2 and trying this out.. Can I use plugins like the DSC , and JowiHue?

Comment

Rob,
          I know you're a pioneer in the hs3pi stuff so hope you don't mind some questions?
          What are the advantages of running a hs3pi and your regular homeseer server together in the same home, over having two different zwave networks on the same hs server? Is there away to see the hs3pi's device status and trigger events on the pi from the main hs server?

The reason I ask is - I'm going to get separate my devices into two networks or two different hs3 systems - not sure yet. This primarily because of the Aeon Energy Sensors - too much data being sent back creating a clog in network. My thought is to create a network for sensory info(energy sensors, motion, temp, water, etc) and another one for motor( on/off, dimmers, relays, etc). This way if I execute a trigger to turn lights or something else on, it won't be delayed by the sensory clog.
          This is just a thought at this point, so don't know if it will really work out. And thanks for sharing your image!
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
            Rob,
            I know you're a pioneer in the hs3pi stuff so hope you don't mind some questions?
            What are the advantages of running a hs3pi and your regular homeseer server together in the same home, over having two different zwave networks on the same hs server? Is there away to see the hs3pi's device status and trigger events on the pi from the main hs server?
            Thanks Tom. My buddy Pete is the one that got me going on the smaller SBCs a while back He's a wealth of knowledge. With HomeSeer's JSON interface, you could do exactly what you are wanting. The downside is that you would need a lot of scripting. It's do-able, but a lot of work.

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
            The reason I ask is - I'm going to get separate my devices into two networks or two different hs3 systems - not sure yet. This primarily because of the Aeon Energy Sensors - too much data being sent back creating a clog in network. My thought is to create a network for sensory info(energy sensors, motion, temp, water, etc) and another one for motor( on/off, dimmers, relays, etc). This way if I execute a trigger to turn lights or something else on, it won't be delayed by the sensory clog.
            This is just a thought at this point, so don't know if it will really work out. And thanks for sharing your image!
            I'm actually faced with the same situation. I have a 30x24 detached shop that is being built and I plan on having Z-Wave devices in that shop. I do not want any of those devices participating in my home Z-Wave network. I plan to run a separate Z-Net in that building in addition to the Z-Net in my home. This would be 2 different Z-Wave networks talking back to 1 HS3 instance running on a Pi2.

Based on your issue you described, I think you would want 2 Z-Nets talking back to one HS3 instance - one for your wireless sensors and one for the rest.

Comment

FYI - HomeTroller Zee S2 will be based on the new Pi and will support plug-ins. Just wanted to mention this for those looking for an "official" version. This is going through certification now and should be available within 60 days.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Thanks Tom. My buddy Pete is the one that got me going on the smaller SBCs a while back He's a wealth of knowledge. .
                Oh snap. Pete again! The best, always willing to help everyone.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                This would be 2 different Z-Wave networks talking back to 1 HS3 instance running on a Pi2.
                Wow two networks on one pi2. So plugin now work on the hs3pi?
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  FYI - HomeTroller Zee S2 will be based on the new Pi and will support plug-ins. Just wanted to mention this for those looking for an "official" version. This is going through certification now and should be available within 60 days.
                  Nice to know, thanks Mark.
                  Tom

Comment

@Mark,

Will we be able to update our current Zee Homeseer 3 lite to the new Homeseer 3 running on the new Hometroller Zee S2 if we just upgrade our old RPi's to the new RPi 2?
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

**Update to the image in the first post.

I have fixed the following issues in the original image and posted an update:
                      • image is now zipped to ~ 1G instead of the 7G. Much faster download - just extract the .img file for writing to the SD card.
                      • Fixed a mono reference issue for Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
                      • Set internationalization to en_US (sorry)
                      • Password for the 'pi' user was incorrect - it is now 'homeseer'

If you downloaded the other image, you might want to download this new copy.

Let me know if you guys run across anything.

Comment

Hmmm Guess I'm waiting another 60 days or so to get rid of the dumb Vera Lite I have now.. Maybe order the Raspberry Pi 2 anyway to play with it..Lol

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          @Mark,

Will we be able to update our current Zee Homeseer 3 lite to the new Homeseer 3 running on the new Hometroller Zee S2 if we just upgrade our old RPi's to the new RPi 2?
                          I don't know yet... details have not been worked out for this.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

How's the performance of HS3 on the Pi2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                              How's the performance of HS3 on the Pi2 ?
                              I'm almost ready to move my installation from a solid-run HummingBoard to the Pi2. So far, the Pi2 is pretty snappy, but I want to capture some metrics for a period of time after I move it over. The Pi2 has a quad core, whereas my HummingBoard is dual-core. I would expect it to be a little faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X