hs.mailsubject(index) returns blank...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.mailsubject(index) returns blank...

Has anyone managed to get hs.mailsubject(index) to actually return the subject string from an email in a script...? For me it returns a blank, so it effectively cannot be used to parse incoming email subjects and invoke script actions accordingly...

Bugzilla #1500 has also been raised in relation to this.

It would be (very) nice if someone on HS3 (I am on v3.0.0.152) could write a simple script to try this and let me know if it works for them.

Thanks

Sandro
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Hi Sandro,

That's the same issue I have. Rich said it works for him and so nothing has been done on it since. I have a test script posted in the bugzilla report.

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

If memory serves me correctly this will only work when an email trigger is activated. Is this how you guys are testing this?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, using an event, triggered by an email received, to run the script.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
          Yes, using an event, triggered by an email received, to run the script.
          Exactly. Initially the index was not returned, that was fixed, but now supplying that index to the other functions just returns a blank.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

I have just tried this today for the first time. I can get an index, but everything else seems broken. For hs.MailText(), intended to return the message body, I see this pop up in the log:

Getting email body: Please select folder first. Use SelectInbox(), ExamineInbox() or Select(String), Examine(String) method.

I can't seem to find any references for this.

Any ideas? Mail processing is broken, as far as I can tell.

hjk
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
              I have just tried this today for the first time. I can get an index, but everything else seems broken. For hs.MailText(), intended to return the message body, I see this pop up in the log:

Getting email body: Please select folder first. Use SelectInbox(), ExamineInbox() or Select(String), Examine(String) method.

I can't seem to find any references for this.

Any ideas? Mail processing is broken, as far as I can tell.

hjk
              ---
              I haven't seen that specific error. Do you get the same error with hs.MailSubject, or does it just return a blank? Please add your name to the Bugzilla report as well so that it's more likely to get addressed.

Thanks
              Al

Comment

Same issues

I'm having the same issues... Mail subject returns blank regardless of whether I use mail trigger or a specific index. Any help would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by MiG1408 View Post
                  I'm having the same issues... Mail subject returns blank regardless of whether I use mail trigger or a specific index. Any help would be much appreciated!
                  Please add your name to the Bugzilla report mentioned in the previous posts. The more people report that this is broken on Bugzilla, the more likely it is to get fixed.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

I also added myself to the issue as well and asked again on Bugzilla, hoping it makes it into the next release as I have now migrated to Linux and the inbuilt email handling is the only way I can receive emails.
                    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      I haven't seen that specific error. Do you get the same error with hs.MailSubject, or does it just return a blank? Please add your name to the Bugzilla report as well so that it's more likely to get addressed.

Thanks
                      Al
                      Added my name to the Bugzilla report. Thanks for sending the link to it! That made it easy. I would love to get mail functions working.

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
                        I would love to get mail functions working.
                        Me too, but HST doesn't appear interested in getting it working.

Comment

I agree, I know HST are flat out but email should be a basic functionality, especially in other platforms (e.g. linux) where there are no other third party email solutions.

What is more frustrating is that it is half working, in that it will report the index and detect when mail has been received, but that is as far as it goes, its like the old school pager systems that beep to tell you there is a message, then you have to find it out yourself by calling a number.

Hopefully this is fixed in the next version, so that as well as the index being returned the actual email functions return the subject, body and so on but I have to be honest I am not holding my breath given the bug has been around for a while.
                          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

As an FYI, this bug is resolved as of version 311!

Comment

Working...
                            X