ASCII Control Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASCII Control Interface

Has anyone been successful in implementing this? What language did you use when you wrote your code? Can you please post a sample? I've spent hours upon hours trying to figure out the correct way to programmatically implement this with no luck. The best I can do is go to a command prompt and telnet in, but that's about useless in real-world application.

I'm in a hybrid mode right now, using JSON to control things and the ASCII interface to get status (and authorize). I don't 'language code' per say on this one: I use an application called DemoPad that allows defining TCP/IP commands to be sent and allows management of 2-way feedback.

The ASCII interface is missing (in .152) the functionality of HS sending out unsolicited status changes. Rich mentioned it would be part of the next release. Rich hasn't replied to my email request for an ETA. He seems to be more involved in the new HSTouch these days.

Comment

I'M using the ascii interface and like it ....if you are still interested I'll send you my code. It is written in C, but it is pretty simple, and easy to modify into any language you like.

Comment

Working...
      X