How to auto start HS3 in windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to auto start HS3 in windows 8.1

Simply adding the shortcut to the program/startup folder does not make HS3 automatically start with the boot of Win 8.1

Is there some trick?

I had to make a startHS.cmd and place that in C:\Users\Morten\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3"
    HS3.exe

Dont ask me why. But it worked. :-)

Regards
    Morten
    Last edited by mhn; March 17, 2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

thanks

that was a perfect fix

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
        I had to make a startHS.cmd and place that in C:\Users\Morten\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3"
        HS3.exe

Dont ask my why. But it worked. :-)

Regards
        Morten
        Is there a way to force it start as Administrator. I know that is not supposed to be needed anymore, but HS3 still throws errors for me on Win 8.1 if I don't start as admin. I've tried several permission update solutions previously

Thanks
        cheeryfool

Comment

I will take a guess about starting as Admin but 'mhn' may have a better idea

the cmd file refers to the program hs3.exe but if you substitute a shortcut to the program file and make the shortcut 'run as administrator' under the shortcut properties/advanced

this may work

the whole thing is rather odd, like a bad software I used to write

Comment

I do this by way of a system task set to start up shortly after boot. In this way the console also does not need to be logged on. I believe there is a thread you can find with the search tool that goes into detail regarding that method.

Comment

yep, the link is here for reference:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...task+scheduler

Comment

I've setup my HS3 with Task Scheduler for a couple of months, but everytime I need to reset it for maintenance (testing new plugin, zwave issues, etc) I get really nervous of corrupting the fragile database.

So I went back to setting up windows autologin + Startup Delayer (freeware+freemium), now I get to see the HS3 window again...
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
                X