No announcement yet.

HS3 is Z-Wave Plus Certified!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that the ZW PI is Plus Certified it would be good to see it released in the updater and moved out of the beta section.
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      here is the gen 5 stick

does it also work with homeseer then ??

Ps its dutch
      http://www.robbshop.nl/usb-stick-met-zwave-plus
      Yes I have used the Z-Wave.me UZB for a while.

Regards
      Morten

Comment

This is what we recommend:

For use in the US (908.42 MHz), use these:
        For use in Europe, the Z-Wave.Me UZB is a good choice.

Node restore ONLY WORKS WITH THESE CONTROLLERS. We have not tested any other Z-Wave controller option, so anything else would be a bit of a gamble.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          This is what we recommend:

For use in the US (908.42 MHz), use these:
          For use in Europe, the Z-Wave.Me UZB is a good choice.

Node restore ONLY WORKS WITH THESE CONTROLLERS. We have not tested any other Z-Wave controller option, so anything else would be a bit of a gamble.

Hi Mark,
          So you are saying that the node restore now works with the UZB? It didn't work when I first got mine (I had to do a network transfer) but if it does now that is good news and time for me to get a spare as a backup.
          I can vouch for the UZB in Europe. I have had mine for a while and it works well. It's also dirt cheap so keeping a spare is no problem.
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
            Hi Mark,
            So you are saying that the node restore now works with the UZB? It didn't work when I first got mine (I had to do a network transfer) but if it does now that is good news and time for me to get a spare as a backup.
            I can vouch for the UZB in Europe. I have had mine for a while and it works well. It's also dirt cheap so keeping a spare is no problem.
            Steve
            Yes, this was added in Z-Wave plug-in beta 3.0.1.4. Restore will work for the following:

500 Series:
            HomeSeer Z-NET
            HomeSeer SmartStick+ (ships next month)
            Z-Wave.me UZB

Legacy (Installer Library Controllers)
            HomeSeer Z-Troller
            HomeSeer SmartStick (WDUSB-10)
            Cooper RFUSBPRO

There are NO PLANS to support restore for any other interface, so please use one of these!

Comment

Hi Mark

This is great news. Will the restore work FROM other controllers TO the ones you have listed above, e.g. could it be used to upgrade from a ZStick to a Z-Wave.me UZB?

Nicolai
              Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                Hi Mark

This is great news. Will the restore work FROM other controllers TO the ones you have listed above, e.g. could it be used to upgrade from a ZStick to a Z-Wave.me UZB?

Nicolai
                If you're in Europe and wish to upgrade from a Euro Z-Stick to a Euro UZB, then the backup and restore should work just fine.

If you're in the US, Z-NET and SmartStick+ would devices to upgrade to.

Comment

Yes, this was added in Z-Wave plug-in beta 3.0.1.4. Restore will work for the following:

500 Series:
                  HomeSeer Z-NET
                  HomeSeer SmartStick+ (ships next month)
                  Z-Wave.me UZB
                  Good news, time to get a spare UZB and sleep soundly!
                  Steve

Comment

If you're in Europe and wish to upgrade from a Euro Z-Stick to a Euro UZB, then the backup and restore should work just fine.

If you're in the US, Z-NET and SmartStick+ would devices to upgrade to.
                    Just upgraded my production system. This worked very well. Upgraded from a Euro Z-Stick.me to a Euro Z-Wave.me UZB.

No problems whatsoever in the upgrade. The only catch was that my Z-Stick was on Node 81 (as this already a secondary controller that had previously been promoted to a primary controller). Once I restored the network to the Z-Stick.me UZB the primary node on the network is now Node 1 which meant I had to rescan all the devices to get associations back to HomeSeer.

It is a great relief to now have the option to backup restore the z-wave network. Such a key component without backup in the past was always a bit worrying.
                    Nicolai L

Comment

Now if only there was an Australian version
                      I have emailed uzb to see if they would make one .. but I have that bad feeling .. just not enough customers to make it worthwhile as usual

Comment

Can somebody provde some detailed steps on how to do this? I want to switch away from the Z-stick, but I'm really afraid of messing up my Z-wave network, as putting it back together would mean set up HS3 all over again. I really, REALLY don't want to do that.

Does the UZB1 fully support backup and restore?

And can I do the same for when the Z-NET is available in a European version?
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                          Can somebody provde some detailed steps on how to do this? I want to switch away from the Z-stick, but I'm really afraid of messing up my Z-wave network, as putting it back together would mean set up HS3 all over again. I really, REALLY don't want to do that.

Checkout the installation guide for Z-NET. You can use the same steps to backup your controller and restore to the new UZB.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post

I did a write-up for another user here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1179272
                            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                              I did a write-up for another user here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1179272
                              Perfect!
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Does this mean that the Aeotec Z-stick Gen5 i just bought will never be supported by HS?

I have some issues with this when trying to comunicate with a Aeon Labs Smart Switch Gen5.

Comment

Working...
                                X