Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete,

Thanks for your help today.
    I have come to the conclusion that there is some technical issue on my end involving my keyboard. Many commands I type will not work, but if I copy past the same command from your instructions, it works perfectly.

Let me work this out and if you are willing, we can pick this up on another day.

I hope your car repair project goes well.

John

Comment

Not an issue John.

Yeah done with the car stuff until I get my next parts order.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

I think I am back on track. Does this look right?

root@watchman1:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
        deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie main contrib non-free rpi
        # Uncomment line below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source'
        #deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie main contrib non-free rpi
        deb hxxp://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.12.0 main
        deb hxxp://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib
        root@watchman1:~#

Thanks

John

Comment

Does this look right?

yes

SSH over the RPi2 remotely via root or sudoer.

via sudoer type:

1 - sudo apt-get install update
          1 - sudo apt-get mono-complete
          2 - sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
          3 - sudo apt-get install chromium-bsu

It will take a bit to install.

When finished type

sudo mono -V

and print out what you see here. Next is sound and speech stuff.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

I started over and went through all of your instructions again. Everything seems to be working right. I am making a backup image every few steps so I can retry if something goes wrong.

root@watchman1:~# sudo mono -V
            Mono JIT compiler version 3.12.1 (tarball Fri Mar 6 23:28:08 UTC 2015)
            Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFIL...ature=youtu.be

root@raspberrypi:/# sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
            Reading package lists... Done
            Building dependency tree
            Reading state information... Done
            The following extra packages will be installed:
            xfonts-base
            Suggested packages:
            tightvnc-java
            The following NEW packages will be installed:
            tightvncserver xfonts-base
            0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
            Need to get 6,736 kB of archives.
            After this operation, 9,895 kB of additional disk space will be used.
            Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

You will also need to install Real VNC on your computer. There is a free option that will be shown at the end of registration.

Comment

Good news John!

I will post your stuff in the DIY section of the Homeseer Forum as it will help others doing like you.

Yeah here thinking I did the configuration (raspi-config?)only once.

Next steps is the audio and Homeseer 3 installation.

For audio do:

1 - sudo apt-get update
              2 - sudo apt-get upgrade
              3 - sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
              4 - sudo nano /etc/modules
              5 - to have line: snd_bcm2835
              6 - sudo apt-get install mplayer
              7 - sudo nano /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
              8 - to add line: nolirc=yes

Pico Text to Speech

sudo apt-get install libttspico-utils

Test it with a speaker connected:

pico2wave -w lookdave.wav "Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this." && aplay lookdave.wav

Homeseer by default sits in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory.

For Zee S2 use the following for the entire Homeseer 3 Zee-2 directory

For Homeseer 3 for Linux use the following for the entire Homeseer 3 directory

You will also need to install Real VNC on your computer. There is a free option that will be shown at the end of registration.

You don't really need Real VNC cuz you don't really ever need to get to a GUI on the RPi2. That said too running VNC server as a service does eat a bit of the CPU.

For updating the RPi2 you can either SSH and use apt-get install update or just log in to the Webmin interface. The info page tells you if you need to update and provides a link to the updates.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

What does this mean and what do I do about it?

John

W: GPG error: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy/snapshots/3.12.0 InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A6A19B38D3D831EF
                W: GPG error: http://download.webmin.com sarge Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D97A3AE911F63C51

Comment

It is just about adding the two older mono sources in the apt sources list. I am guessing you will see this every time you type apt-get install update.

It is just an informational message.

I see it here too. I ignore it.

I get a different message:

W: Conflicting distribution: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy/snapshots/3.12.0 Release (expected wheezy/snapshots but got wheezy)

Try this for each key above.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys [MISSING KEY]

or

Try this:

1 - go to /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ and remove unused keys (e.g. keys for old PPAs that you have since deleted).
                  2 - sudo launchpad-getkeys
                  3 - sudo apt-get update

Not sure if it will work though.
                  Last edited by Pete; November 2, 2015, 08:43 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I think I will just live with the error message for now.

When I: sudo nano /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf this folder does not exist. I was thinking that it should have been created during the sudo apt-get install mplayer installation.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am doing all these commands logged in as root, is that ok?

GNU nano 2.2.6 File: /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf Modified

[ Error writing /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or directory ]
                    ^G Get Help ^O WriteOut ^R Read File ^Y Prev Page ^K Cut Text ^C Cur Pos
                    ^X Exit ^J Justify ^W Where Is ^V Next Page ^U UnCut Text ^T To Spell

Comment

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

no

I am doing all these commands logged in as root, is that ok?

yes

Here redid the installation of mplayer (removed it first as I do not utilize the Attic installed Zee-2 RPi2 audio anyways).

The below is just the beginning and end of the installation stuff.

root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:~# sudo apt-get install mplayer
                      Building dependency tree
                      Reading state information... Done
                      The following extra packages will be installed:
                      liblzo2-2 libmpeg2-4 libxvmc1
                      Setting up mplayer (2:1.0~rc4.dfsg1+svn34540-1+deb7u1) ...
                      root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:~# cd /etc
                      root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:/etc# cd mplayer
                      root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:/etc/mplayer# ls
                      input.conf menu.conf mplayer.conf
                      root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:/etc/mplayer#

Try
                      1 - apt-get remove mplayer
                      2 - apt-get autoremove
                      3 - reboot and
                      4 - log back in and try the installation of mplayer again?

root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:/etc/mplayer# mplayer
                      MPlayer svn r34540 (Raspbian), built with gcc-4.6 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
                      Usage: mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pete; November 3, 2015, 08:53 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I think I will give up on the sound. It is not a high priority for me.

also this line returned an error as well. Can we skip this?

Package libttspico-utils is not available, but is referred to by another package.
                        This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
                        is only available from another source

Lets try the next step and see if it works.

John

Comment

I followed this thread (thanks to everyone) and was able to successfully install HS3 for Linux in a spare RPi2.

I used the image linked in the first post and followed the instructions provided by Pete and others.

Regarding sound, you don't need to give it up. I found out that all you have to do is use nano to edit 'speak.sh', which should be in /usr/local/Homeseer.

Your edited file should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
                          flite -voice kal16 -t "$1"
                          #pico2wave -w=temp.wav "$1"
                          #aplay temp.wav

I don't know why, but my take is that there is no libttspico-utils available for Raspian yet (YMMV).

Comment

Yes noticed same here. I have historically installed it on an RPi2 as documented here.

I am thinking you can still install it manually (make install and such). It is documented here on the forum. I cannot find it right now though. Here it is on another link.

Install flite then...

apt-get install flite

Noticed that I have flite installed on my RPi2 (that I do not use with TTS / VR).

root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:~# flite --help
                            flite: a small simple speech synthesizer
                            Carnegie Mellon University, Copyright (c) 1999-2009, all rights reserved
                            version: flite-1.4-release December 2009 (http://cmuflite.org)

Not sure what I have installed on the Ubuntu 14.04 box as I use the speaker dot exe program and Microsoft SAPI for that box running on an Oracle virtual box in Windows server.

Test out the speak.sh bash script after flite installation.

Have a look too at Jasper here.

Lets move on to next steps.

What version of Homeseer 3 do you have or own a license to?
                            Last edited by Pete; November 4, 2015, 02:43 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Here it is on another link.
                              Thanks Pete, I will also give this a try!

EDIT: Worked!
                              Last edited by cesarvog; November 6, 2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

I have a license for HS3

Comment

Working...
                                X