• Show
Clear All

Very nice John.

Move these steps up to after #14

18. wget hxxp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.770_all.deb

19. sudo dpkg --install webmin_1.770_all.deb

20. sudo apt-get -f install ‘To fix some unmet dependancies’

To ==>

and change them to: (xx to tt) - this part is only for webmin - install it before MONO
    step #16 is important and needs to be done before webmin is installed

15 - wget hxxp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.770_all.deb

16 - apt-get install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python

17 - dpkg --install webmin_1.770_all.deb

Remove:

30. sudo apt-get install libttspico-utils ‘this doesn’t work omit’

After Cesar's steps above I would recommend shutting down Homeseer via the GUI and doing the following depending on the network connection.

Before moving on.

Are you planning on using a regular network cable connection or wireless?

It is understood that you can utilize wireless for your RPi2 Homeseer automation service. Personally I wouldn't put an automation server on a wireless network. That is me though.

What I did and you have a choice to do this or not.

1 - utilize a static IP (pick a suitable IP address out of the range of your DHCP scope).
    2 - gave the RPi2 a name

#1 and #2 should probably be at the top of the list. You can also configure a DHCP assigned IP via MAC address. It is easier to manage your RPi2 Homeseer device with a static IP configuration.

3 - configure Homeseer to auto start with the reboot of the RPi2 ( couple of ways to do this).
    Last edited by Pete; November 13, 2015, 10:59 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks ya'll

It seems to work perfectly. I will re-write this so you can post it

John

Comment

Good news John!
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Glad to help. Hope you enjoy your new system.

Comment

I'm redoing my RPI2 setup from scratch and have found this thread to be immensely helpful. Thank you so much for creating this great resource! I know I'll have a much cleaner setup now thanks to this thread.

One thing I'm missing is getting HS3 to load automatically when the Pi boots. What's the recommended way of doing this?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpm32 View Post
              I'm redoing my RPI2 setup from scratch and have found this thread to be immensely helpful. Thank you so much for creating this great resource! I know I'll have a much cleaner setup now thanks to this thread.

One thing I'm missing is getting HS3 to load automatically when the Pi boots. What's the recommended way of doing this?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might add a section on disabling the power-managment features of the distro. I believe it is called APCI(?) or something to that effect. Basically, you want the Pi to run as a server with no hibernate/suspend functionality.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
              X