Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POP email problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • POP email problem

    Getting this error using SMTP. Gmail works 100% but if I try to select my pop account I get a log full of errors each time I send.

    Can someone shed some light on what this error needs to get fixed?

    The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure
    Last edited by Kitar; December 26th, 2016, 08:15 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kitar View Post
    Getting this error using SMTP. Gmail works 100% but if I try to select my pop account I get a log full of errors each time I send.

    Can someone shed some light on what this error needs to get fixed?

    The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure
    Bumping my own post here after more than one year

    GMail works perfectly but POP does not.
    SSL is disabled

    POP looks like it is working
    Dec-25 12:36:37 email Initializing email, found 2 messages
    Dec-25 12:36:37 email Start checking server for email using POP
    Dec-25 12:36:37 Startup Initializing email, will check server for new email

    SMTP Not so much
    Dec-25 12:30:26 Warning Sending email To: email@this.net aborted after 4 tries
    Dec-25 12:30:26 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
    Dec-25 12:30:09 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
    Dec-25 12:29:57 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
    Dec-25 12:29:38 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
    Dec-25 12:29:37 Event Event Trigger "Test Group Email - TEST"
    Dec-25 12:29:37 Event Event Test Group Email - TEST triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
    Last edited by Kitar; December 25th, 2016, 03:39 PM. Reason: Add detailed log info

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kitar View Post
      Bumping my own post here after more than one year

      GMail works perfectly but POP does not.
      SSL is disabled

      POP looks like it is working
      Dec-25 12:36:37 email Initializing email, found 2 messages
      Dec-25 12:36:37 email Start checking server for email using POP
      Dec-25 12:36:37 Startup Initializing email, will check server for new email

      SMTP Not so much
      Dec-25 12:30:26 Warning Sending email To: email@this.net aborted after 4 tries
      Dec-25 12:30:26 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
      Dec-25 12:30:09 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
      Dec-25 12:29:57 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
      Dec-25 12:29:38 Error Exception sending email via mail.this.net (To:email@this.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:POP Test, Attach = The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
      Dec-25 12:29:37 Event Event Trigger "Test Group Email - TEST"
      Dec-25 12:29:37 Event Event Test Group Email - TEST triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
      What ISP are you using for SMTP? Comcast changed, requiring SSL and disabling port 25
      • Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
      • Incoming Mail Server Port Number:
      • Recommended: 993 with SSL ON
      • Only if Needed: 143 with SSL ON
      • Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
      • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number:
      • Recommended: 587 (SMTP)
      • Only if Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
      • SSL Encryption: checked
      • Authentication: XFINITY username and password required


      Your ISP may be different, but very few allow non SSL connections any more
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #4
        Solved: Email Port / SSL issue

        Originally posted by rprade View Post
        What ISP are you using for SMTP? Comcast changed, requiring SSL and disabling port 25
        • Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
        • Incoming Mail Server Port Number:
        • Recommended: 993 with SSL ON
        • Only if Needed: 143 with SSL ON
        • Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
        • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number:
        • Recommended: 587 (SMTP)
        • Only if Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
        • SSL Encryption: checked
        • Authentication: XFINITY username and password required


        Your ISP may be different, but very few allow non SSL connections any more
        Thanks for the reply.
        Shaw.ca prefers a TLS on port 587 or SSL on 995 but does allow insecure connections on port 25.

        I think that the certificate error was just after I disabled SSL but did not refresh the page I had the settings open on.

        Their tech people looked at my HS3 email setup and said it looked okay after I made a few changes suggested by the support people.

        Using port 997 and SSL I get this message
        Exception sending email via mail.shaw.ca (To:me@shaw.ca, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Homeseer Report, Attach = +OK POP3 ready

        Edit: Solved
        Thanks for the help Randy. Buvens post (link below) also helped. I had to use a port that Shaw's own documentation suggested I use with TLS. This was sending me in a tailspin. I disabled the SSL and set to port 587 and voila

        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...16&postcount=4
        Last edited by Kitar; December 25th, 2016, 07:28 PM.

        Comment

        Working...
        X