No zwave backup and restore in zwave interface menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No zwave backup and restore in zwave interface menu

I don't have the menu entries for backup and restore of the zwave database. I just upgraded to v3.0.0.187 (HS3Pro). I have a SmartStick+ on the way so I really need this.

Attached is a screenshot of the actions menu. As you can see, there is nothing between the 2 lines of "-" where the backup and restore should be.
    Attached Files

What version of the ZWave plug-in are you using? You need to be on a relatively new version for this to work.
    Nicolai L

Comment

Hi,

I was planning to ask exactly the same question.

I have an Zwave.me stick and I successfully backup this one up (option is available to me to backup). I want to migrate this stick to my new UZB+ stick. Is this possible?

If its possible, does the Node ID of the stick also being restored to the new stick? Otherwise I need to change all my associations which I don't want to do.

The restore function is also not available to me in the latest zwave plugin (3.0.1.17)

regards

Bart
      Regards Bart
      ------------------------------------------
      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
      HSPRO 3.
      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Bart,

I recently moved to the UZB+ stick and I see the restore function available, also on 3.0.1.17. do you still have a backup available on the default location of the backup? Maybe it is not showing when there are no backups available?

I restored the backup of a Aeon stick to the UZB device and it restored my old network like a charm. So it should work like you are hoping.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

wim? does it also reinstate the Node ID of the old stick? and yes i have a backup available.

I added the UZB on the same network, I will try to erase and try again
          Regards Bart
          HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

The netID is in the backup file (it is readable) and you can restore it with the restore function indeed.

The procedure to have the UZB active _at least that is how I did it -:

1. backup the old stick
            2. disable zwave and remove old stick from the machine
            3. put in the new stick and let it install
            4. enable the ZWave plugin and configure it to see the new UZB.
            5. Restore the old backup

It wil recover the old network - and will add a new one which you can savely remove. To be sure I did a rescan of devices and optimised all.

All existing device were hummming afterwards.

*edit:** I realise you already added the UZB to the existing network. Not sure that was a good choice to do. You might want to edit the backup file to remove it?

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Indeed after an erase it worked... however the node ID is not being restored to the new stick...
              Regards Bart
              HSPRO 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                Indeed after an erase it worked... however the node ID is not being restored to the new stick...
                Check the backup file with an editor, it should hold the network ID? And make sure the old stick is removed from the machine.
                -- Wim

Comment

Z wave version

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                  What version of the ZWave plug-in are you using? You need to be on a relatively new version for this to work.
                  My zwave plugin version is 3.0.0.150. I don't remember ever updating it. I assumed that the plugin got updated when I updated HS3 Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
                    My zwave plugin version is 3.0.0.150. I don't remember ever updating it. I assumed that the plugin got updated when I updated HS3 Pro.
                    You indeed need to update it through the manage plugins page.

It is in the newer versions

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

wim had your stick node ID 1? Mine had 95, but this is still being restored as node 1 (the new stick).
                      95 is on top of the backup file
                      Regards Bart
                      HSPRO 3.

Comment

Bart,

The node id of the primary controller is always 1 I believe? So if your UZB stick becomes primary it will take node 1 by design. I guess the original node 1 was the old stick and the UZB is taking its place.

In you case the UZB has been part of the network, so its node id will change I think.
                        What I remember that in the node overview you wil still see the old stick, but after a optimize it will all change to the new stick.

The important question is if the network id is still the same as the old one? If that is the case, start an optimaze and eventually remove node 95 as being the new stick.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Hi.

I had exactly the same problem with no RESTORE. Needless to say I started to worry. I did an upgrade of the Zwave plugin software and the RESTORE feature appeared.

Comment

Need clarification

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            You indeed need to update it through the manage plugins page.

It is in the newer versions

Wim
                            Is my current version old? If so, what is the latest version. When I display the manage plugins page, and click update listing, I get nothing to update.

Comment

Nope...

Did some testing with a dummy restore file (on my backup machine and created a dummy restore file with dummy network). It always makes the restore to node 1. I got my UZB removed from my network andmanaged to create a dummy network. did a restore again, with my test backups and the realbackup file with the removed node addresses. still no luck. Every time the stick will be restored as node 1.

However my backup source ( my real primary) is 95.

Thus if I continu I have to update all my associations to the newly created node 1, which will be a pain with about 65 Zwave modules...

So I guess we have an issue. Node 1 in my original network is another (secondary Controller) that will be removed by the restore process as well. I think i have to create an Bug entry for this one?
                              Last edited by bartbakels; June 25, 2015, 09:09 AM.
                              Regards Bart
                              HSPRO 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X