No zwave backup and restore in zwave interface menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
    Is my current version old? If so, what is the latest version. When I display the manage plugins page, and click update listing, I get nothing to update.
    The latest version of zwave should be 3.0.1.17. This should be in the updaer. Maybe you also need to update the core? i am on 3.0.0.187
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
      Nope...

Did some testing with a dummy restore file (on my backup machine and created a dummy restore file with dummy network). It always makes the restore to node 1. I got my UZB removed from my network andmanaged to create a dummy network. did a restore again, with my test backups and the realbackup file with the removed node addresses. still no luck. Every time the stick will be restored as node 1.

However my backup source ( my real primary) is 95.

Thus if I continu I have to update all my associations to the newly created node 1, which will be a pain with about 65 Zwave modules...

So I guess we have an issue. Node 1 in my original network is another (secondary Controller) that will be removed by the restore process as well. I think i have to create an Bug entry for this one?
      Bart,

If you associated all the devices to node 95 by hand, then you do have a challenge. When did you do this? Do you have a HS3 database backup and Zwave databse backup from before you changed associations? As before, the associations were to node 1, being your original primary?

That might be the easiest way to go back to the old associations?
      That said, I am not sure of the backup is also holding the asociations itself.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Logged a bug request

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2852
        Regards Bart
        HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Bart,

If you associated all the devices to node 95 by hand, then you do have a challenge. When did you do this? Do you have a HS3 database backup and Zwave databse backup from before you changed associations? As before, the associations were to node 1, being your original primary?

That might be the easiest way to go back to the old associations?
          That said, I am not sure of the backup is also holding the asociations itself.

Wim
          Wim, No u are misunderstanding me. My original primary controller was node 95 as where all associations obviously. Node 1 in my original cofg was my old HS2 stick which has been my backup stick as secondary controller. (this one is removed after restore because my new stick is restored as Node 1.)

In addition, I dont know where the associations are stored. They are not in the backup file. I expect them being storred in the individual modules if i am correct.
          Regards Bart
          HSPRO 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
            Wim, No u are misunderstanding me. My original primary controller was node 95 as where all associations obviously. Node 1 in my original cofg was my old HS2 stick which has been my backup stick as secondary controller. (this one is removed after restore because my new stick is restored as Node 1.)

In addition, I dont know where the associations are stored. They are not in the backup file. I expect them being storred in the individual modules if i am correct.
            Yup, it is becoming clear to me now. I guess HST will have to clear this up for you. I am curious what solution there will be

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Edit backup file to delete a node.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              The netID is in the backup file (it is readable) and you can restore it with the restore function indeed.

The procedure to have the UZB active _at least that is how I did it -:

1. backup the old stick
              2. disable zwave and remove old stick from the machine
              3. put in the new stick and let it install
              4. enable the ZWave plugin and configure it to see the new UZB.
              5. Restore the old backup

It wil recover the old network - and will add a new one which you can savely remove. To be sure I did a rescan of devices and optimised all.

All existing device were hummming afterwards.

*edit:** I realise you already added the UZB to the existing network. Not sure that was a good choice to do. You might want to edit the backup file to remove it?

Wim
              I have a node in the z wave network that I want to remove/delete AND move to the SmartStick+. Can I make a backup, then edit the backup file and remove the line that references the node (in my case, node 11) and then install the SmartStick+ and restore the z wave backup file? It seems logical that this would work, but I thought that I would ask before proceeding.

Comment

Do you guys have seen this video?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175356

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
                  I have a node in the z wave network that I want to remove/delete AND move to the SmartStick+. Can I make a backup, then edit the backup file and remove the line that references the node (in my case, node 11) and then install the SmartStick+ and restore the z wave backup file? It seems logical that this would work, but I thought that I would ask before proceeding.
                  I removed one old node that way myself. It works correct. But you should be able do the same with the controler inteface, by removing a node?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
                    Hi.

I had exactly the same problem with no RESTORE. Needless to say I started to worry. I did an upgrade of the Zwave plugin software and the RESTORE feature appeared.
                    I'm on the latest Zwave plugin but have this same issue. Just got the Razberry 500 series in my RPI2. Zwave plugin is 3.0.1.23. HS3 is at 3.0.0.182. Backup goes just fine on the RPi2 with Zstick. Just no restore shows up on the RPi2 with the Razberry.

I'm open to starting from scratch and just rebuild the network from scratch. But that means if I need to go back to Windows, I have to rebuild that network too and readd all the devices. Right?

Any suggestions? Thanks
                    Last edited by benposton; July 24, 2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I'm having the same issue on a Homeseer Zee with Z-Stick. My HS3 and Z-Wave plugin are up-to-date. I see Backup, but no Restore. I need to run the restore to fix a mess I made.

Comment

Same thing here. Latest version, no restore option ...

Comment

Working...
                        X