Missing Z-Wave Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Z-Wave Actions

I tried to get help elsewhere about this to no avail. So, I will try again. I want to create an event to change the code on my Schlage lock. However, in the pull-down menu for Z-Wave Actions, the only options that I have are: poll a node for status, suspend automatic polling, and resume automatic polling. I am using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.194 (Windows) and a Z-Net controller with the latest Z-Wave plugin (3.0.1.25). Do I have to enable something elsewhere in the program?
    Thanks in advance,
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I do not have a door lock so cant tell you what should be there but looking at THIS it should be possible.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      I do not have a door lock so cant tell you what should be there but looking at THIS it should be possible.

Greig.
      Greig: Appreciate your response, but my program does not show such an option ("Set a security user code" does not exist for me).

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Hi Elliott,

I would try re-scanning your locks. The items in the z-wave action list are based on what the z-wave plugin thinks are supported by your devices. If a re-scan does not do it, I would stop the z-wave plugin and rename the z-wave2.db file in the data\z-wave directory to something else and then restart the plugin.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Hi Elliott,

I would try re-scanning your locks. The items in the z-wave action list are based on what the z-wave plugin thinks are supported by your devices. If a re-scan does not do it, I would stop the z-wave plugin and rename the z-wave2.db file in the data\z-wave directory to something else and then restart the plugin.

Cheers
          Al
          Thank you. Deleting the node and adding back did not make any difference. However, son-of-a-gun, the second suggestion worked! Thank you very much.

Elliott
          Last edited by Richel; July 26, 2015, 11:10 AM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Hi Elliott,

Cheers
            Al
            Hi Al,

Could you explain what replacing (rebuilding?) that file does? When should this surgery be done, what else might it cure?

Thanks
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
              Hi Al,

Could you explain what replacing (rebuilding?) that file does? When should this surgery be done, what else might it cure?

Thanks
              Al
              For some reason that file can become corrupted. It is the Z-Wave database file. If you delete it HomeSeer builds a new one. It can correct a number of different ills with Z-Wave devices, from devices that will not create the correct child devices on inclusion or rescan, to devices that wont properly report status or communicate.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X