Yale Z-wave locks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Z-wave locks?

How does HS3 deal with Yale Z-wave locks - will it log events (someone entering right combination, or wrong combination), and can the locks be locked/unlocked as an Action from the HS3 system?

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
    How does HS3 deal with Yale Z-wave locks - will it log events (someone entering right combination, or wrong combination), and can the locks be locked/unlocked as an Action from the HS3 system?
    Yes to both those questions.

Cheers
    Al

PS I have a script posted to the board here that can help with managing the info from the locks.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Yes to both those questions. PS I have a script posted to the board here that can help with managing the info from the locks.
      great! Now, I've got the lock added, but it shows up under Devices as a single line, with the icon grayed out saying "off" - no obvious way to see or control any of its functions. Is that normal? Where are its information and control functions? Or do I need your script to be able to see/control it?

Comment

No, that's not normal (although many people have experienced the same issue ). Did you add the lock when it was really close (within inches) from your controller? Rescan the lock a few times and if you still don't have multiple devices created, post the HS3 log info from the rescan attempts.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

No, that's not normal (although many people have experienced the same issue ). Did you add the lock when it was really close (within inches) from your controller? Rescan the lock a few times and if you still don't have multiple devices created, post the HS3 log info from the rescan attempts. Cheers Al
          I see. To rescan, do I need to remove/delete it from HS3 and/or the stick, or just go to the lock with my USB stick and do the same procedure I did when first adding it?

Comment

You don't need to remove it from HS, but you need to remove the lock from the door and bring the lock to the stick while it's plugged in and then rescan from HS from the z-wave controller plugin page. Bringing the stick to the lock won't work.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

You don't need to remove it from HS, but you need to remove the lock from the door and bring the lock to the stick while it's plugged in and then rescan from HS from the z-wave controller plugin page. Bringing the stick to the lock won't work.
              argh. What about a very long USB cord for the stick - would that work? Btw, this is what I see in the log when I do a scan:

Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 3
              Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 3. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
              Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
              Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
              Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
              Getting SECURITY class information for node 3
              Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 3
              Last edited by mlevin77; August 11, 2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

The long USB cable "may" work depending on the length. USB signals degrade fast on longer cables.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  The long USB cable "may" work depending on the length. USB signals degrade fast on longer cables.
                  it worked! I was able to add it and it appears that its info is there. Is there a description on-line of all the things I can access via HS3? I see some options I don't understand. I am specifically interested in logging all access (and what code was used when), and setting events to warn me if battery is getting low. Is there a full write-up of the Yale Z-wave lock's HS3 control capabilities somewhere? For example, on the Home page, it shows "door lock logging" as "(not set)" - how do I enable logging? I could set up an event to email me when the lock is unlocked via code, but I don't see any way for it to tell me (in a logfile or otherwise) which code was used.
                  Last edited by mlevin77; August 16, 2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Glad that worked for you. Beats having to remove the lock

I don't believe there's a good guide on all the features. You can explore the functionality by clicking on the notification child device and then the Status Graphics tab. There you will see a list of items that will be logged that you can trigger events on. What I use is create a script that runs on any change on the notification device and will take different actions. You can create individual events, but I found the script an easier way to go, especially if you have (or will have) multiple locks. A link to the script is in my original reply above.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Glad that worked for you. Beats having to remove the lock

I don't believe there's a good guide on all the features. You can explore the functionality by clicking on the notification child device and then the Status Graphics tab. There you will see a list of items that will be logged that you can trigger events on. What I use is create a script that runs on any change on the notification device and will take different actions. You can create individual events, but I found the script an easier way to go, especially if you have (or will have) multiple locks. A link to the script is in my original reply above.

Cheers
                      Al
                      Hey Al

Does your Yale lock report the remaining battery percentage correctly? Mine has been installed for 40 days and still at 100%. Its used 2-3 times a day.

I have read old posts that there were issues with battery reporting. Seems to good to be true and hate to find out the hard way.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
                        Hey Al

Does your Yale lock report the remaining battery percentage correctly? Mine has been installed for 40 days and still at 100%. Its used 2-3 times a day.

I have read old posts that there were issues with battery reporting. Seems to good to be true and hate to find out the hard way.

Will
                        Hi Will,

The script only reports on low battery alarms in the notification device. It does not report battery values otherwise. Are you polling the lock battery device periodically?

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Hi Will,

The script only reports on low battery alarms in the notification device. It does not report battery values otherwise. Are you polling the lock battery device periodically?

Cheers
                          Al
                          Yes, I have Assa Abloy Entry Control Node 11 Root Battery polling every 12 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
                            Yes, I have Assa Abloy Entry Control Node 11 Root Battery polling every 12 hours.
                            Maybe try a set of older batteries in it for a couple of days to see if the value changes.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

good idea. I'll give it a shot

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X