Detecting if large appliances are on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    If home seer supported the Aeon multi 6 vibration sensor, that could be another option.
    Christopher Cheng from Aeotec confirmed that the Multi-sensor 6 does not have a vibration sensor, it is a tamper switch. While their literature states that it is a vibration sensor, Christopher told me it is to detect if the unit has been tampered with such as the battery door being opened.

It doesn't work correctly in HomeSeer, but Christopher said it would not detect small vibrations even if it did.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Christopher Cheng from Aeotec confirmed that the Multi-sensor 6 does not have a vibration sensor, it is a tamper switch. While their literature states that it is a vibration sensor, Christopher told me it is to detect if the unit has been tampered with such as the battery door being opened.

It doesn't work correctly in HomeSeer, but Christopher said it would not detect small vibrations even if it did.

That's weird because I have noticed if you bump it around it triggers the led.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        That's weird because I have noticed if you bump it around it triggers the led.
        There is certainly the possibility that Christopher had it wrong, but he is their tech support person.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X