Cortana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortana

Can I use the Cortana voice for HS if I upgrade the computer to Windows 10?

Did you manage to find out if Cortana can be used with HS3?

Comment

Windows 10 default voice works perfectly with HS3. Actually sounds pretty good.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Resurrecting this question: is there a way or are there plans to integrate cortana for either speech (she sound pretty good) or VR? I would think it makes sense since many HS3 setups are on Win 10 anyway.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by stefam View Post
          Resurrecting this question: is there a way or are there plans to integrate cortana for either speech (she sound pretty good) or VR? I would think it makes sense since many HS3 setups are on Win 10 anyway.

Mike
          If you are a tasker user, yes there are some plugins that would enable you to use it. Autovoice works with Cortana. That would be the only way I know to make it work. Cortana - Tasker (via autovoice) - Homeseer (via Tasker plugin).

Comment

Thanks for the reply- will try that

Comment

I personally use Cortana to interface with my HomeTroller S6-Pro on all of my Windows Devices. Windows 10 Desktop, Surface Pro 4, and Windows Phone with a single App THE HOME REMOTE. Sure HS3 works on Android or iOS devices, but what if you want to sit down at your computer, or in an airport on a tablet or laptop. The Home Remote interfaces with my hometroller, and accepts voice commands from Cortana to turn on/off lights. It also controls thermostats, MyQ garage doors, Phillips Hue and more devices. It's a great choice for Windows users, since I haven't found an app from HomeSeer in the windows store.

Comment

Working...
              X