Database error Data Loss: StartIndex zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database error Data Loss: StartIndex zero

I am at a loss on this I haven't made any changes in over a month. This system reboots every night at 1 AM. Last night at about 7:30 all of the Inseton devices quit working. the Log File shows the following

10/3/2015 1:19:46 PM ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd

10/3/2015 1:19:46 PM ~!~Error~!~Data loss: Restoring hsimagelarge from DBStore to device, Ex=StartIndex cannot be less than zero.Parameter name: startIndex

Here's were I am confused I make monthly backups.

1 I stopped the program and deleted all contents from HomeSeer HS3 folder.

2 I replaced the entire folder with a backup from 1 month ago. Yet when I restart the HS3 application I get the same error.

3 I deleted the program again and used a backup from 2 months ago same result I get the data loss error....

I'm stumped can anyone suggest my next steps or point me in a good direction.

Many thanks

Did I post this in the correct forum
    Last edited by devoir; October 8, 2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

This must be a DGS topic

Comment

You will want to add this to the Bugzilla reporting system. It's a database corruption issue. HS3 keeps 10 back ups in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Backup directory so if you catch this earlier enough you can replace the database with a backup.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Something might have been corrupted from the get go and if you tried all of the DB's they might be all corrupted. That said you can try to correct the corruption of the DB externally but if you fat finger it you could make it worse.

Historically here

1 - I shut down Homeseer,
          2 - copy the DB to another PC and
          3 - rename the SQLite hsd file to a db file
          4 - cleanse it externally.
          5 - When you cleanse it it will show if there is a bad index and correct it.
          6 - If there is something in HS3 though that recreates it; then it will come back.

I used to do this with Microsoft Access in Homeseer 2.
          Last edited by Pete; October 14, 2015, 01:54 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X