HS3 with HSPhone and 2 Way2Call Modems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 with HSPhone and 2 Way2Call Modems

I have set up HS3 with 1 Way2Call Modem on 1 line successfully with Caller ID.

I have a second Way2Call on my second line. Both Way2Call modems show up under the Way2CallTestWizard but not under HS3 - "Setup/Phone - "Select the modem to configure" = only 1 Way2Call displayed.

Is there a way to add the second line to an HSphone.ini or am I missing an "Add another line" button?

Thanks,

Doug

HSPhone only supports one line.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We barely got the support for 1.

You could get a second cheaper version of HS3, running that second instance for your second Way2Call. Then, you could use Jon's connector to link the two.

Comment

2 Line Caller ID - FAIL !!

This is the pits.

I went out and purchased (2) Way2Call Modems since in the HS3 Setup display ("Select Modem to Configure or add to the system" and "Line Number") gave me the impression that multiple lines were capable.

In actual fact only the "Way2Call Modem" can be selected in this field and Line # means nothing.

I am currently reviewing Blades BLNetCallerID Plugin - but can't find the NetCallerID box anywhere

AND

UltraJones ULTRACID which uses an "off the shelf" Hiro usb modem

BUT

I am waiting to hear if he has incorporated multiple instance capability of the plugin

I'll let you know what I find out.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
          This is the pits.

I went out and purchased (2) Way2Call Modems since in the HS3 Setup display ("Select Modem to Configure or add to the system" and "Line Number") gave me the impression that multiple lines were capable.

In actual fact only the "Way2Call Modem" can be selected in this field and Line # means nothing.

I am currently reviewing Blades BLNetCallerID Plugin - but can't find the NetCallerID box anywhere

AND

UltraJones ULTRACID which uses an "off the shelf" Hiro usb modem

BUT

I am waiting to hear if he has incorporated multiple instance capability of the plugin

I'll let you know what I find out.

Doug
          I'm not trying to be snotty or smart but you could have asked us (here, help desk, call HST) and we could have told you before you went down this rabbit hole. I believe Ultras plugin will support two modems but he'll have to comment on that.

Comment

2 Lines with HSPhone

Actually I did ask about 2 line Caller ID on another Thread (http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177505) and was directed towards HSPhone.

Anyway - my bad for not doing further research.

Hopefully UltraJones will come through!

All the best,

Doug

P.S. Anybody interested in (2) Way2Call modems ?

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
              Actually I did ask about 2 line Caller ID on another Thread (http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177505) and was directed towards HSPhone.

Anyway - my bad for not doing further research.

Hopefully UltraJones will come through!

All the best,

Doug

P.S. Anybody interested in (2) Way2Call modems ?
              Can't you use one of the Way2Calls with HSPhone and a modem with Ultras plugin and have your two line input?

Comment

2 Line Caller ID

I'm waiting to hear back from UltraJones on HSTouch integration, but it is definitely a possibility to use both software plugins.

My HSTouch remote displays are currently showing a CallerID on 1 line now. I was surprised to see it displayed as I didn't do anything to make it happen.

I want to increase the CallerID text size on the HSTouch displays. Do you know where to make that happen. I do not see any screen displays under HSTouch to change so I gather it's done thru scripting.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                X