Lat / Long format question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lat / Long format question

Simple question - why can I not enter my REAL Longitude which is a negative number and have the sunrise and sunset times correct?

What am I missing?

Thx,

A (HS3Pro newbie)

At the very top of the lat/long drop down in the settings page you should be able to manually enter the numbers - have you tried this?

Comment

It's because many years ago, with version 1 of HS and it was a U.S. company, the Longitude was entered without the minus sign.

That never got changed so you have to get your longitude and then enter it but change the sign.

U.S. values of -74 have to be entered as 74.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

You should at least put in a Bugzilla ticket on this issue as it should be fixed after all of these years.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just found this 5 years later because I'm writing a plugin and wanted to use the HS3 Long/Lat and noticed the Long was in as a positive number. 2020 and it STILL hasn't been fixed.

So when I read this variable in, I have to change the sign of the Longitude before I can do any calculations? (eye roll)

What if somebody in continental Europe wants to use my plugin? What do I expect they'll put in as their longitude? A negative number?!

Comment

AFAIK, it has been fixed. This is my entry:

Click image for larger version

Name:	longlat.png
Views:	89
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1428048
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I'm writing a plug in that requires lat/lon, and yes, the UI shows the longitude as a negative number, but the settings.ini where a plug in can retrieve this value stores it as positive. Because I'm in a rural area far from any of the pull-downs, I've also had to manually enter my Lat/Lon and I've entered a negative Lon but see it stored as a positive in settings.ini and it's rounding off decimal places to two. I see in your example, some are stored as one (maybe the 2nd and 3rd decimal place are so small it doesn't matter). In any case, 1/10th of a degree of longitude is 10km making it way too coarse for my purposes. It appears I may have to store my own lat/lon in the plugin settings.

What do you see in your settings.ini with the settings in your screen shot? I'm using HS3 .548.

Comment

I did a completely new install of HomeSeer 4 as opposed to upgrading. When I go to the setup screen where I manually entered my Lat/Long I have this:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	hs3.png
Views:	106
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1428074
                My settings.ini file has this saved as shown in the image.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Glad they fixed on HS4. I'm on HS3.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                    . . . yes, the UI shows the longitude as a negative number, but the settings.ini where a plug in can retrieve this value stores it as positive.
                    What do you see in your settings.ini with the settings in your screen shot? I'm using HS3 .548.
                    You are correct, my longitude is stored as a positive number in Settings.ini. The value is rounded to two places, but I think my second place is a zero. For me, two decimal places are as close as I need, so I have no experience trying for more precision.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                    X