Updater control file download error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater control file download error

Anyone else getting this error on the plugin status screen?

"Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed."

It was updating fine until a few days ago, at least that was when I noticed the issue. I just thought there was some issue pulling the file from the big HS server in the sky so I left it sit for a few days but now I think there is a problem. My last last_update file was dated 11/24/2015.

--PCK

Nope, seems to be working fine for me. Maybe check if updater.txt in the root directory has the right permissions on it.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Nope, seems to be working fine for me. Maybe check if updater.txt in the root directory has the right permissions on it.

Cheers
      Al
      The permissions seem to be ok, verified to a backed up version.

--PCK

Comment

Just try checking you can get to http://www.homeseer.com/updates3/updater.txt on your HS PC to rule out anything else blocking you access to it. That is the actual updater control file. I take it restarts and such also do not change anything?

Comment

RESOLVED - Updater control file download error

For whatever reason beyond my control or changes, the updater control file is downloading properly now. Who knows, the moons are in alignment, I'm wining the lotto tonight, or I did just buy some stuff, maybe that's the new unannounced incentive program.... buy some stuff and you get updated downloader files

Just kidding guys, keep doing what you're doing, you do it well.......

--PCK

Comment

I cannot access the updater control file from my zee s2, my phone on LTE, my home network on my PC or anywhere. Is HOMESEER down? HS Touch is also not connecting, saying I have no internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by tfunk View Post
              I cannot access the updater control file from my zee s2, my phone on LTE, my home network on my PC or anywhere. Is HOMESEER down? HS Touch is also not connecting, saying I have no internet connection.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=334
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
              X