Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave "Ghost" Associations

Hi,

It has been a while since discussed this issue, which i also had in HS2. Some modules get some Ghost associations over a while in my network. So there are associations to non existing and existing nodes on devices which i did not set. (especially on Fibaro RGBW modules).

Is there someway to overcome these issues? I saw that more people have encountered these issues and for example vera and openhab have a solution on the zwave controller to check and remove these associations.

openhab discussion

One thing that made it easier to troubleshoot, is the network audit function from HS2, which shows all associations in a report, which made it easy to find the ghost associations.

Any ideas on this topic? And is Homeseer aware of these phenomenons?

thanks

In advance

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Anu update regarding these requests?
    Regards Bart
    HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I can't speak with HS2 issues because I frankly don't remember the features in that too well anymore! If you were in HS3, you could simply open the Z-Wave node info page and look through the list of nodes. That's a report of all the nodes that are currently "in" the interface (Z-NET, SmartStick+, UZB, Z-Stick, etc..).

If you discover a phantom node in the list (for which there is no corresponding HomeSeer device), then do an import. The import will create the HomeSeer device... and then you can use the "remove node" function from within the device to get it out of the interface. Alternately, if you're using a Z-Troller with your HS2 system, you can backup the Z-Wave network and then edit the backup file to remove the phantom node. Once that's done, you would need to restore that back to the Z-Troller. That's another way to remove the node.

Once the phantom nodes are removed from the interface, you should be able to re-include the devices you're having a problem with.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks mark,

But i am talking about phantom associations not ghost devices. Some modules have associations which i did not configure even to nodes which not exist. After i remove these, they will appear again after a few weeks. Happining on fibaro rgbw modules an universal modules...

With hs2 we could audit a network which listed all associations of all zwave devices.

Bart
        Regards Bart
        HSPRO 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
          Thanks mark,

But i am talking about phantom associations not ghost devices. Some modules have associations which i did not configure even to nodes which not exist. After i remove these, they will appear again after a few weeks. Happining on fibaro rgbw modules an universal modules...

With hs2 we could audit a network which listed all associations of all zwave devices.

Bart
          +1
          Associations would be nice to see on the Node page along with the neighbors. I suspect, that since most of the time you have to manually request Associations to see them on the individual Zwave page, they may not be easily accessible within HS3?

Z

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
            X