Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Max number of queued events exceeded" - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated to ver 277 an hour ago.

Sorry, but I see no improvement. Still warning messages and scripts still not running.

IMHO multi-threading is not working! Something is telling the system that threads are running but they are not! The checkbox "allow only one instance...." behaves inconsistently. Yesterday, I had to uncheck it to get certain scripts to run. Scripts that ran yesterday with the box checked, are not running today!

Steve Q
    Attached Files
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I agree that homeseer thinks my script is running when it's not, or at least shouldn't be. I changed my recurring trigger for writing temps to a file to one minute and as you can see it never runs after reboot.
      Attached Files
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        I updated to ver 277 an hour ago.

Sorry, but I see no improvement. Still warning messages and scripts still not running.

IMHO multi-threading is not working! Something is telling the system that threads are running but they are not! The checkbox "allow only one instance...." behaves inconsistently. Yesterday, I had to uncheck it to get certain scripts to run. Scripts that ran yesterday with the box checked, are not running today!

Steve Q

I'm still on 208, so not having these problems, though I've been following along all these discussions. I wonder how folks are testing? When you upgrade to the latest version do you first downgrade(or restore from backup) to 208, verify all works (no errors, events fire), and then go to the latest? It seems to me that that is the only valid way to test since some of these builds are screwing up the db. With a proper backup of 208, this method of testing new builds should be easy, which is why I'm asking. I'm not sure how much a new build tries to fix the mayhem caused by previous flawed builds.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

executing &hs.writelog("SCRIPTS",hs.ScriptsRunning) does not show any scripts running.

Also, moving the hs window around on the desktop is not smooth and causes these warnings in the log.
          Attached Files

Comment

attached is the log file with debugmode=2 while all the nonsense from my previous post was taking place. version 277.
            Attached Files

Comment

So I noticed that my quad core cpu usage was pretty high so I shut down my blue iris 4 software which runs on the same machine to free up more resources for homeseer. My script started running. I re-launched blueiris and everything is still running ok. CPU usage is now hovering around 60%.

Interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Check your system downloads folder for older versions of the HomeSeerUpdateHTxx_xx_xxx.exe
                Rupp, this does not work. I get an error "newer version already installed".

I'm trying to go back to 264. I installed it on 3/24/2016. I have the setup file. What do i need to delete to reinstall 264?

Steve Q
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'm trying to go back to 264. I installed it on 3/24/2016. I have the setup file. What do i need to delete to reinstall 264?

Steve Q
                  Use this link
                  http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_264.exe
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Steve Q
                    You need to delete an entry in the registry in order to down grade. I'll see if I can find which one.

EDIT: I think it's HKLM\Software\HomeSeer Technologies LLC\HomeSeer HS3\Version

Cheers
                    Al
                    Last edited by sparkman; April 9, 2016, 07:25 PM.
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      You need to delete an entry in the registry in order to down grade. I'll see if I can find which one.

Cheers
                      Al
                      I tried to delete this key and also that one suggested by S-F but it didn't help. I have the same problem as Steve Q so I don't have the old backup. I want to go back to 208 because that version is the last one which worked for me (together with Jon00's event trigger, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Cheers
                        Al

I found a similar registry entry, but it is buried very deep. I'm not sure it's the right one and I am reluctant to change anything in the registry because I know it can cause major problems. This is Windows 10 and the registry is unfamiliar to me. I have a zip backup data file. But I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall. Surely we are not the first to revert to an earlier version!

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a similar registry entry, but it is buried very deep. I'm not sure it's the right one and I am reluctant to change anything in the registry because I know it can cause major problems. This is Windows 10 and the registry is unfamiliar to me. I have a zip backup data file. But I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall. Surely we are not the first to revert to an earlier version!

Steve Q

I typically copy the files from backups. At this point it might be easiest to install on a different system and manually copy the needed files.

Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

I used that link. That is the setup file that I already ran. It does not work.

Comment

I was able to recreate the "script already running" issue when the script was not actually running. The problem is when there is "(x86)" in the script path, and you already have any script running in the background.

I put in a fix in build 278, please give this a try, it should fix it:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_278.exe

Comment

I used that link. That is the setup file that I already ran. It does not work.

You can also simply uninstall your old version and install the using the link. Your config files are left in place. I would recommend backing up prior to any of these suggestions as well. At this point I would load .278 as it should solve this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X