Stop Energy DB filing Log File???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Energy DB filing Log File???

My system is stabilizing enough that some log entries are annoying. Especially the many entries, every few hours, to tell me the Energy Database is compacting. I'm not sure why this is useful(never fails or provides useful information).
    Is there a way to stop the Energy Database compaction logging???
    BobSpen

Did this ever get resolved?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

wpiman,
      I forgot all about this, but I don't see the messages anymore. Don't know if I did something(don't think so) or a HS newer version eliminated the messages??????

BobSpen

Comment

Does anyone know if this can be turned off, the output is quite verbose and happening avery 30 mins, I'd like to disable the logging of these events.

Comment

If you don't use it you can disable it on the tab General of Setup ("Enable Energy Logging and Graphing"). This will stop not only the logging but also the graphing, it was better if the two was separate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
            If you don't use it you can disable it on the tab General of Setup ("Enable Energy Logging and Graphing"). This will stop not only the logging but also the graphing, it was better if the two was separate!!!
            I’m not sure how you’d be able to graph unless you had data logged...
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I think the post was about the regular "Compacting data older than..." messages in the event log every four hours. It Is actually quite annoying and useless information.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

I think the post was about the regular "Compacting data older than..." messages in the event log every four hours. It Is actually quite annoying and useless information.
                Yes, but the logging in the setting refers to logging energy data to a database, not logging warnings/errors/info to the HS log.

Comment

Yes, but the logging in the setting refers to logging energy data to a database, not logging warnings/errors/info to the HS log.
                  LOl. Which leads us back to the original post. Probable answer is "No".
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I was thinking some kind of option that disable the logging to be show in the HS log. Just like the same we have for devices, events...

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post

I was thinking some kind of option that disable the logging to be show in the HS log. Just like the same we have for devices, events...
                      Understood, thanks. I thought you were referring to the logging of data, not the logging of warnings, etc. to the HS log.

Comment

Understood, thanks. I thought you were referring to the logging of data, not the logging of warnings, etc. to the HS log.
                        No problem
                        I think that option it's what the user's in this tread wanted for. The only option that exists disable all.

Comment

Working...
                        X