Speaker client sound output topology trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker client sound output topology trouble

Having a hard time figuring out how to set up TTS and sound in general coming from HS.

My HS3 server is a VM, but I have an Intel NUC at my entertainment center, right next to my AV receiver. I have the speaker client running on the NUC, and I'd like to pipe sound through the AVR on top of whatever else is playing.

I have a Squeezebox (and the SB plugin) at the entertainment center also, but that's a different input on the AVR. I've found that by the time the AVR switches inputs (which also takes down whatever is playing on the TV), it is not a very effective way to do TTS. Even with delays and whatnot, I've not found a combination that works very well.

Right now, I am using the TV for most content, including Netflix/Amazon/etc. Sound gets back to the AVR via ARC.

Is there any way to "overlay" sound into the ARC stream? Maybe I should be less techy and patch output speaker wire directly from the NUC's sound output the speakers?

Maybe there's some other piece of hardware I need to accomplish what I'm talking about. I have an XAP800, but it's sitting in a closet and I haven't tried to throw it into the mix yet. (Actually, I've been afraid of it!)

Does any of this make sense? I have all this great VR set up through Kinect, and I would love to get audio feedback, but I seem to be unable to assemble anything that works well enough.
Working...
X