Which room am I in....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which room am I in....?

I'm looking for a way for HS3 to detect which room I am in (as well as other family members). I don't know which is the best approach or even if it's feasible. I'm looking to use it in conjunction with voice recognition so that users don't have to say their location in the command, so I expect I'll be using defined voice phrases within events, all operated by the HStouch voice interface. The voice side is working very well. Has anyone else looked at this..?......maybe a solution to a slightly different requirement ?

Could you not use the last motion detected? Assuming you have motion sensors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just put a thin client or a tablet with speaker.exe on it in the room you want , give it an instance name , and ask your question , it will know you are in the kitchen ( always make events and a virtual device)so when you ask trough that specific instance it will trigger you event and it speaks in the kitchen only.

Originally posted by naellis View Post
      I'm looking for a way for HS3 to detect which room I am in (as well as other family members). I don't know which is the best approach or even if it's feasible. I'm looking to use it in conjunction with voice recognition so that users don't have to say their location in the command, so I expect I'll be using defined voice phrases within events, all operated by the HStouch voice interface. The voice side is working very well. Has anyone else looked at this..?......maybe a solution to a slightly different requirement ?
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
        Just put a thin client or a tablet with speaker.exe on it in the room you want , give it an instance name , and ask your question , it will know you are in the kitchen ( always make events and a virtual device)so when you ask trough that specific instance it will trigger you event and it speaks in the kitchen only.

How does this work? Also I am looking into something similar, without physically interfacing with a panel. This is the reason I am buying into the echo stuff.

I want my house to be like the enterprise and it know where I am saying what and know how to deal with it .

The holy gray is going to be, walk into a room and just say Alexa turn on lights. It know what room I am in without having to say turn on kitchen lights or bedroom lights. Just say, turn on lights and do it.

Comment

I'm thinking of only using Google voice via HStouch and I'm in discussion with Rich about getting a HStouch stripped down as a wearable device app like a watch. I no longer want to hit buttons on screens, just talk, but ideally there will need to be a way for HS to know which room the app that's being talked at is in. I just can't see how that could be done though, maybe it's impossible.

Yes, a physical 'tablet' in each room would work, with 'Always-on' voice now available.....but I think I would still have to say 'Ok Google....Lights on' probably acceptable.

Comment

Its possible to do that its really easy.
            What u need is a client in that room , make an event : if any phrase was recognized by a specific microphone . Than choose the client . Thats iT

Now u got a enterprise

Sended from far far away
            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I solved it in two ways.
              I can have gating on each mic. so i know which mic is active at the moment. Although this works it isn't to reliable when it hears loud voices in the other room.

Today i use the methode to include the location in the attention phrase like 'Attention Willy in the kitchen". This methode work 100% correct.
              - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Working...
              X