Smart Stick Error???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Stick Error???

I starting getting this lately any idea what is going on? This stick is only few months old:

May-03 1:59:59 PM Z-Wave Error Smart Stick: The Smart Stick interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    May-03 1:59:39 PM Z-Wave Smart Stick: Getting node information from controller...
    May-03 1:59:37 PM Z-Wave Error Smart Stick: The Smart Stick interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    May-03 1:59:17 PM Z-Wave Smart Stick: Getting node information from controller...
    May-03 1:59:16 PM Z-Wave Error Smart Stick: The Smart Stick interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).

Try unplugging the Smart Stick from the controller for a few minutes and then plugin it back in. Also restart your HS3 server as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Update

The HS3 is running on a VMWare windows 2012 R2 box. I have removed and moved the device around different USB ports and reattached and the same error. So i uninstalled HS3 and reinstalled with no devices and it's been running in the same VM for 3 hours now with no Stick error.

Seems like maybe a plugin is bad or some device is causing issues? Can I run 100+ devices off a Smart Stick + with no issues? Am I overloading it?

This would really suck if i have to add each of the 90+ devices one by one and rebuild all of my events!!

Comment

Its really annoying how HS employees answer new posts, but never bother to follow through until the problem is solved. This is truly a "your on your own" type of product. I have come across a half dozen threads tonight alone that are all dead end threads. Half answered.

I too am having the same problem, with the same error message. HomeSeer true to form... I made the mistake of upgrading my z-wave plugin, and now my z-wave interface has duplicated itself, and is throwing errors in the log, and wont respond, and now wont even start. What a mess!

Comment

Working...
        X