Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 and RAM usage

Hi,

HS3 is using a huge amount of RAM for me, and it crashes now and then. I tried now to disable all plugins and restart HS3. It starts by using like 40k-60k of RAM. But then after a little while (a minute or two) it uses 1.2 gigs of RAM.

What would use all this RAM when no plugins are enabled? I have 340 devices but most of them are Z-Wave and should be disabled when I disable the Z-Wave plugin. I have a bunch of events, but as well there, they should not be activated when all the Z-Wave stuff is not activated.

Should homeseer use 1.2 gig of RAM?

You don't say what version of HS, zwave or OS you are running, but no I don't think it should be using near what you are reporting.

I'm running on Windows 10 with the current version of HS3 .290 and the current zwave plugin. It shows I have 997 Devices and 145 events. I also have 22 plugins total running.

HS3 itself is using around 180Mbytes and the total for the plugins shows as 783 Mbytes.

So for me HS3 and the total of the plugins is under 1gb. I assume for the 1.2 figure you are just talking about HS3 alone. You said you disabled all of the plugins and the memory usage still climbs and it crashes?

Can you check the size of your main database file in the data directory with the .hsd extension? Is it some huge amount? (possibly corrupt)

My .hsd file size is currently at 9,215KB. There may be some leaks in certain versions of HS or I have seen reports of issues with lots of events that do web scrapes or web gets. I don't do very much of that, but if you have anything that hits the web over and over again you might try disabling it to see what happens.

Jeff

Comment

Comment

That is quite large. My energy.hsd is 133,000 KB. I have it set to a max size of 150 MB in the setup settings.

You might go ahead and try checking that and setting a smaller size and either let it prune down on its own or hit the clear saved data if it isn't critical. Then cycle HS and see how the memory looks.

Jeff

Comment

The max log size was set to 50 MB. But I disabled the energy logging now and after a few hours with all plugins on HS3 consume 50kB of RAM.

I wonder if it will work better now as well with less crashing and less lag.

Comment

I wonder if the file just got corrupt at some point or maybe a possible bug in a version of HS along the way caused the purge/prune not to work. If you find it is working ok now and still want to give the energy database a try I would try setting the size to around 100 or 150 MB and give it another shot. I used to have some corruption issues many HS versions ago, but recently it has been pretty stable for me and it is interesting to look at.

Jeff

Comment

I have enabled it again now and this far the RAM usage is small. But HS3 does not detect my energy devices anyway. I use three different types of devices, and none are detected. I use a power meter from Aeon Labs for the heatpump, I use a power meter with optical reading from NorthQ for overall power usage and then a number of Fibaro deveices measuring power.

Comment

Working...
              X