Device shows wrong state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device shows wrong state

Hoping somebody can give me some pointers where to look for this.

I've only just moved from HS2 to HS3 after holding out for years until my old XP machine gave up on me. But now, since moving to HS3 last week I have intermittent issues where some devices change state on the web page home screen for no apparent reason. For example I have an 2 X10 modules, 1 for power to a network camera and 1 which shows the state of the garage alarm - the X10 device just controls the power to an LED on the door, I have a CM15 for sending commands to them. When I turn the camera & alarm on from the web interface, the devices switch on as expected and show as on within the web page. The problem is that next time I check the web page they are occasionally shown as being off, sometimes just one of them, sometimes both with the last change time both set to the same time. I have set the devices to log commands etc, but there is nothing in the log for the devices at anytime since they were switched on. There are no events that are run during the time either. The devices themselves will still be switched on, it is just the web page that shows them incorrectly.

I have HS3 version 3.0.0.280 running in a Windows 7 VM.

Anybody have any ideas where I could start looking?

Many Thanks
    Lee

Check your logs for erroneous X10 signals that may be affecting your status. Noise on the powerlines can cause many issues and this is one of them. A few years back I added a new PC into the mix to run HS3 on and it was flooding the powerlines with noise.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks the reply. I don't think it's anything to do with noise, although that is always a possibility. I have deleted one of the devices from HS and then recreated it as an X10 device rather than using the CM15 interface. Now the problem has stopped on this device, but is still occurring on other devices. So I think it's either something to do with the CM15 plug-in or my CM15 hardware. As I haven't noticed anybody else mention it either nobody is using the CM15 plug-in or it's my hardware. Therefore I'm assuming it's my hardware, so is there an easy way to change all my devices from the CM15 interface to X10 without deleting & re-adding them?. I want to try and avoid this as it means my events will need rebuilding and any scripts using device references will need to be updated.

Comment

I would wonder or not whether you have any scripts or HSTouch projects running that may be using the same device references that existed in HS2 that are now living as something else in HS3, the chances of this are minimal but you never know. Unfortunately with the method that HS now uses (removing the X10 centric methods that HS2 had) there is no easy way to swap a device between X10 interfaces if you are moving between CM12 and CM15.

Nice to see another West Midlander on here though, I thought I was all on my own.

Comment

Working...
        X