CM15A Plugin 'Device Type' input box hidden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15A Plugin 'Device Type' input box hidden

The Device Type input box is hidden/missing from my Device Setup page for CM15A plugin devices. Here is what I have:

This is what it is supposed to look like (I happened to run across this image in the forum):

Is this odd or what? As far as I know, nothing else in HS3 is hidden from view. Anyone have a solution?
    I always wondered why there was no place to specify the X10 device type in HS3.

Thank you
    Last edited by frankc; June 6, 2016, 03:39 PM.

Bugzilla

I filed a Bugzilla report on this issue.

Comment

What browser are you using?

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

This is windows 10 and I have looked for the box with Edge and Chrome. Both show exactly the same thing.

You reckon I should try FF... maybe Opera? I've read here that Chrome is known to work the best. I'm wondering if anyone else with Windows 10 and a CM15A sees the same thing.

Thanks for your interest.

Comment

I just installed Opera and Firefox. Both yielded the same results as Chrome and Edge.

I'll update Bugzilla accordingly.

Comment

I thought it could have been an Edge/IE thing, but if you've tried Chrome already, then it likely is a bug.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

And I haven't noticed any other irregularities with HS3 or Windows.

But it seems odd to me that this would just be a Windows 10 issue. Surely(?) there are a few others that would be using HS3 with Windows 10 and the CM15A plugin.

Comment

I just looked. I have the problem too.

But I haven't setup any X-10 since upgrading to Windows 10 and therefore not noticed it.

Regards
                Morten

Comment

Originally posted by frankc View Post
                  The Device Type input box is hidden/missing from my Device Setup page for CM15A plugin devices.u
                  I have checked and it no longer shows on my system either. It used to, probably on a previous version of the plugin. However, it wasn't any use as there wern't any options in the drop down anyway. It is a long time since I set up any X15 devices, mine are all working ok. My memory is that when you click done it sets up the device with a whole load of status value pairs and I just deleted and edited them as appropriate for the particular device. Not ideal but it worked for me. However, I don't have any dimable X10 devices.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for your comments! At least I'm not the only one seeing this.

I too get the status value pairs when loading a new device with the CM15A plugin.

I wonder if it was decided to just provide the same status value pairs for all CM15A devices and therefore eliminate the device type selector. And the "Device Type" header was inadvertently left behind.

I do have a few dimmable devices. They do dim from the Device Management screen, but I haven't got them to dim from a script.

The plot thickens.

Comment

There has been considerable discussion in the X10 forum concerning the 'limitations' of the CM15 plug-in for HS3.

I'd recommend reviewing some of those threads as well as the other problems those of us who still use X10 are having as we try to move to HS3. HST has terminated work on X10 related functionality and no longer supports the X10 and CM15 plug-ins. Mark Fisher has agreed to do what he can, but has been clear that his time is limited. It is unlikely that major improvements to the CM15 plug-in will appear in the near future, if ever.

For the time being, the X10 plug-in, which supports the CM11A and TI-103, is a better choice. It has some serious 'quirks' of its own, but some of us have been able to work with it to get acceptable functionality and stability.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Regarding the original problem: definitely a HS3 bug, the "device type" selection box is missing in Win7 and Win8 too, and has been so from the start of HS3.
                        For what it's worth: the device type selection box shows up (and works) in HS3 under Linux (Ubuntu and Mint).
                        In my setup CM15A is not usable at all under Windows, but works reasonably reliably under Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by WfromL View Post
                          the device type selection box shows up (and works) in HS3 under Linux (Ubuntu and Mint).
                          Interesting!

So approximately how many Device types are shown in the drop-down? And when you do select a device, does it show up under "Advanced - Device Type (String)"?

I'm wondering whether there is any advantage in manually entering a Device Type in Advanced - Device Type. Perhaps that would tell HS3 to select a certain set of parameters. I'm looking for some other way to set the Device Type in lieu of it being fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            I'd recommend reviewing some of those threads as well as the other problems those of us who still use X10 are having as we try to move to HS3.

For the time being, the X10 plug-in, which supports the CM11A and TI-103, is a better choice. It has some serious 'quirks' of its own, but some of us have been able to work with it to get acceptable functionality and stability.
                            I've read every post I can find on X10 and the plugins. And I have tried every example script that has been posted for the plugin.

I own a CM11A. Seems I switched to the CM15A years ago because of its USB capability. I need to find my CM11A and see how it does.

Comment

Originally posted by frankc View Post
                              Interesting!

So approximately how many Device types are shown in the drop-down? And when you do select a device, does it show up under "Advanced - Device Type (String)"?
                              I made a screenshot of the drop down and of the advanced tab with HS3 running under Ubuntu.
                              I can confirm "dim" is actually working with a Marmitek Lamp Module.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X