HS3 Pro Checking for New Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Pro Checking for New Version

So when I installed HS3 and got it running I made sure that the "Check for HS3 Update at Startup and the "Launch Speaker Client on Startup" boxes were both unchecked, and now yesterday was the second time after a power outage that when the computer rebooted, and HS3 launched, it checked for an update, loaded the speaker client, and all my plugins were disabled. The first time I had to start the plugins back up and for a few, reconfigure their settings. This time, all the plugins started OK, bu now HS had no devices or events. Fortunately I had an update from about a week ago that I was able to load to get me going again.

So my question is, why did HS loose all my devices and events, and disable all my plugins, and also check for an update? Does HS3 figure if I haven't updated in awhile it takes it upon itself to say "hey time to upgrade?"

I have manually shutdown HS3 and rebooted the computer between these two outages with no problems.

Sounds like your settings.ini file became corrupt and then went to default when it restarted. This is a known issue, and I'm surprised nothing has been done to address it. I recently submitted a bugzilla for it and you should do the same. HS3 continually writes to the settings.ini file to update the info related to the last event that ran. I'm not even sure if that is used by anything else. If it is, IMHO, it should be handled differently and the settings.ini should only be written to if the user is making a config change.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

If it becomes an irritation, rename HS3updater.exe to something like HS3update.old.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        If it becomes an irritation, rename HS3updater.exe to something like HS3update.old.
        This is a good idea. I run HS3 as a service and even though I had the option to update at start unchecked it hung after a power interruption/restart. Seems to be ok in the latest HS3 3.0.0.280 but I still think I will rename the updater as I only use it manually. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for the replies. Al, I will look for the reporting and submit one.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
            Thank you to everyone for the replies. Al, I will look for the reporting and submit one.

Unfortunately the bugzilla reports are not visible to others anymore, so you won't be able to see mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X