WinSeer - A HomeSeer frontend: Windows 10 UWP app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WinSeer - A HomeSeer frontend: Windows 10 UWP app

I've made a Windows 10 app for HomeSeer. I got frustrated with not being able to quickly control devices on my Lumia 950, and how lacking the touch features in HStouch is when running on Windows (HStouch is working, except when it comes to scrolling in lists of devices/events).

Introducing WinSeer - An app built for the Universal Windows Platform, and should therefore run on anything that runs Windows 10, like:
    • Regular Windows 10, running on desktop/laptops/2-in-1 (like Surface)
    • Windows 10 Mobile, regular and on Continuum
    • Windows 10 for IoT
    • Xbox (when Win10 for Xbox is released this summer)
    • HoloLens (if you have one)

I've tested WinSeer on Windows 10 x86, x64, Mobile (also Continuum) and Windows IoT (on a Raspberry Pi 2). It works the same on every platform.

Version 1.0.1 includes:
    • Server connection checks (and redirects to server settings if failed on start instead of just closing)
    • Low bandwith mode (for 3/4G connections)
    • Better graphic icons (adding native HomeSeer icons later)
    • Trigging of events
    • General bug fixes
    • You don't need to remember "http://" or not to end in "/", the app will format it for you.

Keep in mind that this is my first UWP app (and my second app, right after WPseer) and I'm trying to learn alot at the same time, like: C#, uwp, binding, MVVM, etc, so it's a bit overwhelming.

Here's the download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...r/9nblggh4rv1g
    ... or search the Windows Store for "WinSeer".

Version 1.0.1 is available now!
    Last edited by Moskus; June 29, 2016, 07:11 AM.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Apparently I spoke too soon. The app is currently listed as "not available at the moment" (or something like that). This will be resolved within a day or two.

If you still want to test it, you can send me a PM and I'll send you a code.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Excellent! I definitely will give this a try. Lacking Windows support is frustrating indeed
      stefxx

Comment

Excellent work!

I'll give it a go when it shows in the store.

Comment

With the help from the first users, I've found the first bug. Local connection is not possible with the current version, and here's why:

I had forgot to add "Local Network" as a capability, only "Internet Access (client)".
          Me = idiot.

Oh well, new version will be posted soon, then we'll see how fast it gets to the Store. The good news is that the new version has better network checks, somewhat better icons and can trigger events.

Comment

Very exciting!!!!

Comment

New version committed to the Store. We'll just have to wait...

Comment

Trying to run this on WIN10. Downloaded and installed it, but when I click on the tile, a window comes up and immediately closes.

Is this only for phones or am I doing something wrong?
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  Trying to run this on WIN10. Downloaded and installed it, but when I click on the tile, a window comes up and immediately closes.

Similar for me. On first download the app opens. I enter the server settings but when I hit the home tab the app closes. Thereafter I the app opens and immediately closes.

Happy to provide feedback as you refine it.

OK - I added http:// to the address and now it works.

Comment

Even worse. I find WinSeer in the store but when i click on it (in the store) a waiting images is shown and the whole browser closes without downloading
                    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Where are you adding this? IF you are referring to the server settings, where are they?

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

OK - I added http:// to the address and now it works.
                      Don

Comment

Very nice Magnus!!!!!
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Where are you adding this? IF you are referring to the server settings, where are they?
                          It appeared on first start up.

Comment

There's a "bug" (sort of) at the moment WinSeer is not allowed to connect locally, so if you entered your local IP (like "http://192.168.0.100") WinSeer will just close.

And because of another bug (which is my fault), you can't get back to the settings page without reinstalling WinSeer.

Very stupid, I know. I'm sorry!
                            It's corrected in the new version I submitted on saturday, hopefully it will be available soon.

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                            Even worse. I find WinSeer in the store but when i click on it (in the store) a waiting images is shown and the whole browser closes without downloading
                            If the actual web browser is closing, I'm not sure to help with that. Normally the Windows Store should open.

But now WinSeer is searchable in the Store. Just open the store and search for "WinSeer".

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Very nice Magnus!!!!!
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                            It appeared on first start up.
                            Yes, and the settings page is also available in the lower left corner of the app.

Comment

I use 1.0.0.0 with "http://192.168.0.100". It works on Windows Phone 10?

I only used 5 minutes on it so far hence I have not written about my experiences. :-)

Regards
                              Morten

Comment

Working...
                              X