Script on a Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script on a Pi

I am new to scripts in HomeSeer. I generally avoid scripts when possible but need the following to allow me to get rid of my wall thermostat.

I want to compare a temperature value from a fibro multi sensor
    with a Virtual Device

sudo code

If FibaroTemp < VirtualValue Then
    Heating = On
    EndIf

Sounds like a HomeSeer event might be the best way to achieve what you are trying to do?

Please explain in more detail exactly the situation (screenshots would be very helpful).

Comment

I want to have a heating set point that is set from HSTouch.
      Thats the virtual device.

Then compare that with temperatures around the house. I have zwave radiator valves around the house.

I can't use an event as you can't compare 2 values from 2 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
        I want to have a heating set point that is set from HSTouch.
        Thats the virtual device.

Then compare that with temperatures around the house. I have zwave radiator valves around the house.

I can't use an event as you can't compare 2 values from 2 devices.
        Did you look at EasyTrigger? I believe it allows you to compare two device values (and strings) and even select the operator..

Z

Comment

I haven't.

I'm playing with scripts just now but where Im struggling is to find documentation for commands and references.

for example hs.xxxx

where is the list of possibilities. when i done vb in the past pressing . would give me a list.

Comment

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...lp/default.htm

Click on the scripting at the bottom of the tree.
            Jon

Comment

I haven't.

I'm playing with scripts just now but where Im struggling is to find documentation for commands and references.

for example hs.xxxx

where is the list of possibilities. when i done vb in the past pressing . would give me a list.
              You can also get there using the Help button "?" in HS3 and selecting Help Resources.

Look at EasyTrigger though, it's the swiss army knife for HS3 events. It's what should be in there natively already.

Z

Comment

Cheers Jon Got it thanks, Got a basic setup working already

Vasrc Although the plug in will be great I have 10 systems to do and don't want to be paying out $19 extra per system for something fairly basic.

Comment

You are also welcome to alter the source code to the plugin I posted here if it helps you - http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...03#post1167303

Comment

Cheers Jon Got it thanks, Got a basic setup working already

Vasrc Although the plug in will be great I have 10 systems to do and don't want to be paying out $19 extra per system for something fairly basic.
                    Understood.. I prefer scripts as well primarily as I'm able to do If ElseIF Else and Device sanity checking.. Keeps me "honest"..

Ouch.. 10 HS3 licenses .... That would be painful ..

Z

Comment

Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X