Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get device status from another HS3 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get device status from another HS3 system?

I recent posted a question on the HSTouch forum but, in it's simplest form, my question may be more appropriate in the general forum.

I have two HS3 systems at different homes. I would like to be able to get one home's device status into my primary HS3 system. Is this possible? Any ideas?

I thought to use the HS3 email feature, but found it non-functional and very tedious in theory.

How would do go about this? Scripts? Workarounds? I am open to anything, as I only need a few devices brought over.

You should be able to use json commands from one to the other if one system can talk to the web interface of the other. http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._with_json.htm

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Which devices are you wanting the status of? If you have Z-Wave devices you could control them from one system using a remote Z-Net Z-Wave interface.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

While not intended to do so, Jon00's HomeSeer connector can do what you want if you can create an appropriate Internet connection between the two machines.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162718
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I second the JSON message approach. I use it to update HS3 from HS2 that that I'm using to support legacy devices.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            If you have Z-Wave devices you could control them from one system using a remote Z-Net Z-Wave interface.
            That's what I did. I just use a remote ztroller at the second home. Much easier than trying to deal with two separate systems.

Comment

Working...
            X