HS3 logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 logging

I had to reinstall my system due to faulty SSD. But in my new installation I'm struggling to view any logs.

navigating to http://homeseer/EventLog shows a empty frame, but a count of events in the bottom that is increasing.

was there any special trick I need to do to view the log content?

are there any way I can read the logfile without using the HS web gui?

Comment

Yes you can use SQLite to open the HomeSeerLog.hsd file.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thanks - now I can at least read the file, but how do I get the content to be visible in the web gui?

Comment

I found one entry that might be relevant:

GetLog Error: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

I'm no sure where this error originates from. It's regardless of pluggins enabled...

Comment

It most likely is coming from a regional setting that is causing the log issues. Try deleting your log and restarting HS3 and it may clear this issue.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              It most likely is coming from a regional setting that is causing the log issues. Try deleting your log and restarting HS3 and it may clear this issue.
              I've tried that, but no change.
              If I disable all the plugins, then I only get that one error message. Even after delete and restart.

I also believe I'm using the exact same regional settings as previously, the only difference is that it's now running 64bit of to utilize more memory.

Sent fra min E6653 via Tapatalk

Comment

I have now also tried to reinstall HS3 and still no luck.

Has anyone else had similar problem?

Sent fra min E6653 via Tapatalk

Comment

I have now tried, reinstalling, installing older version of HS3, installing english keyboard, but nothing seems to fix this:

Error GetLog Error: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

I'm running the install on a fresh and clean Windows 10 64Bit english OS version. nothing else is installed but latest HS3 version.

Comment

I'm going to ask a stupid question: you checked the time on the machine? Have you done any Windows/Linux swaps on that machine? Linux likes your BIOS system time at GMT while Windows usually prefers local time.

Grasping at straws but I would uninstall/reinstall the database software. It will probably insist on removing a lot of dependents but it sounds like you tried everything else.

How about the developer's console log output? Maybe you could at least get a real time log to work with.

Comment

I appreciate any suggestions as I feel I have tried everything

The case is, this is the same HW are earlier, only new hard drive (as the old one crashed) - All I have done is to install a fresh version of Windows 10 and then HS3.

I have now tried re-installing everything but still no change.
                      The error seems to be from HS itself as it occurs before I start adding plugins.

Looking at the logfile using SQlite browser or UltraLog plugin, I can see that all the startup log events are there correctly and any plugin I add later also log to the DB - Its just not showing it in the webpage (unless I use UltraLog plugin).

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                      How about the developer's console log output? Maybe you could at least get a real time log to work with.
                      I'm not familiar with this console - only developer's console for the plugins - is there a similar console for HS3 itself?

I noticed that HS3 installs really old C++ redistributable (2010) version. could this be the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                        I'm not familiar with this console - only developer's console for the plugins - is there a similar console for HS3 itself?
                        You might try using Chrome and loading the page with the Developer Tools page visible. (Hamburger menu, More Tools, Developer Tools). Look in the Console tab to see if there are any useful error messages that show when you load the log page.
                        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I remember similar issues due to different date/time formats. What is yours set to and maybe try changing it to a North American setting as a test. Once you do that, stop HS, rename the log file and restart.

Cheers
                          Al

PS see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178092
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            I remember similar issues due to different date/time formats. What is yours set to and maybe try changing it to a North American setting as a test. Once you do that, stop HS, rename the log file and restart.

Cheers
                            Al

PS see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178092
                            Thanks!
                            That solved it. I don't understand why it worked with my old setup that was used for years with both HS2 and HS3... anyway its now working - although with some unfamiliar date/time formats. have to see how much I can adjust them and still make it work.

Comment

Working...
                            X