No announcement yet.

ESP8266 - ESPEasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been reading a lot about ESPEasy and MQTT in trying to figure out exactly how to control and get status of a Sonoff S20 with ESPEasy.
    Can someone who has done this successfully, put together a step-by-step "How To" on integrating any Sonoff/ESP8266 device with ESPEasy into HS3 using the MQTT plugin? This would be helpful not just to me but also to anyone attempting to get into this "topic"
    Thanks so much!

Comment

Thought I'd put my money where my mouth is and actually do the work. Here's a link to the MQTT Plugin thread where I have posted a guide to integrate the Sonoff S20 with HS3 using MQTT and the Tasmota firmware. Tasmota, in my opinion, is more flexible and powerful than ESPEasy and also has an OTA method of flashing Sonoff devices with stock firmware. Please check it out:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...2&postcount=60
      Last edited by taylormia; November 27, 2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
        Thought I'd put my money where my mouth is and actually do the work. Here's a link to the MQTT Plugin thread where I have posted a guide to integrate the Sonoff S20 with HS3 using MQTT and the Tasmota firmware. Tasmota, in my opinion, is more flexible and powerful than ESPEasy and also has an OTA method of flashing Sonoff devices with stock firmware. Please check it out:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...2&postcount=60
        Thanks for the good work in your document. I've just started using the Sonoff devices with mqtt broker on a PI. After staring at the tasmota doco and reading forums I've finally worked out how the switch function works with custom topics. I've always preferred hard wired devices (arduino on ethernet for I/O) but I've given in to Sonoff for lighting where its hard to get new wires to, it is simply so easy once you understand.....

Again thanks for the doco
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

For those of you who are trying to get the HTTP JSON post to work with device with two values, I have a workaround.

You have to create two nearly identical "Generic HTTP" controllers. The only difference between them is to use %val1% the Controller Publish field for one, and %val2% in the other.

Code:
          JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=%id%&value=%val1%
          JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=%id%&value=%val2%
          In Homeseer, create TWO virtual devices. You must UNCHECK the "status only device" check, then in "Status Graphics"-> "Edit Status Text..." delete the two values that are there, then "Add New Range Value" and set to Start: -999 End: 999. I also checked "Include Values" and "Has Additional Data" but I don't know for sure if those matter. "Control Type" is set to "Text Box" on mine too. In the URL field, note the number after "?ref=####" This is the "IDX" number you will set in the next steps

Then back in ESP Easy, in the Devices Tab -> Edit the device you're getting data from, you now have two controllers in the "Data Acquisition" section. Check both "Send to Controllers" and put the numbers from the ref above into the IDX fields for the appropriate devices.

NOW you should have two devices being correctly reported in Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
          X