Minimize to Notification Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimize to Notification Area

Is there no way to take HS3 off the taskbar and confine it to the Notification area???

It's bad enough that it can no longer run as a service (yes I know there were caveats to doing that with HS2) but not having the ability to stick it down in the notification tray/area is just a massive oversight or am I just overlooking something??

I'm loving RBTray for this. http://rbtray.sourceforge.net/
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I can't make it work... RBTray is running but when I right-click on the minimize button it doesn't go to the tray, it just brings up the standard Windows menu for the title bar... (move, restore, exit, etc)

RBTray works for other applications though... just not HomeSeer...

Comment

Sorry then. I don't know what to tell you. I wonder why it doesn't work.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I am guessing you have right clicked on the start up icon and changed the properties on it to start up minimized?

I have been using R2 Startup delayer with Windows 10 stuff and it works well. You can change the startup behavior of any program.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It minimizes to the taskbar, but I'm trying to get it off of the taskbar into the notification tray like HS2 used to do... there is no reason for HS3 to be cluttering up the taskbar, it serves no purpose... this should be built into the program I shouldn't even have to find a workaround for this issue which is silly...

Comment

I've created a utility that completely hides Homeseer from the Windows desktop: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1253018
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X