Windows 10 - Make HS3 start automatically as Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 - Make HS3 start automatically as Administrator

I recently upgraded my HS3 server to Windows 10. The first problem so far was 1) the usual HTTP server problem on port 80 and 2) the realization that HS3 needs to be run as admin on Windows 10 or scripts won't run.

For some reason I can't get HS3 to start automatically. Usually I'd just add a shortcut to the Startup folder, but now I've tried both and HS3 still won't start.

My Belkin USB-over-Ethernet hub has the option to start a program when a device is connected, and that works, but it won't start HS3 as administrator.

What can I do?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Hello,

i use this:

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/s...artup-delayer/

work fine

Jean-francois

Comment

Nice, I'll try that.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Simplest solution I found after Win10 Upgrade was a small .bat that starts HS; then a shortcut(to .bat file) in Startup directory will work. Search for thread for exact .bat file.

Comment

Anybody know WHY Startup folder no longer works? It bugs me that several things that worked for decades in Windows no longer work with Windows 10. Is this a deliberate change in the way Windows will work from now on, is it a bug, or a HS3 thing?
          Mark

Hometroller S6 w/ HS3Pro, Way2Call
          BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
            Anybody know WHY Startup folder no longer works? It bugs me that several things that worked for decades in Windows no longer work with Windows 10. Is this a deliberate change in the way Windows will work from now on, is it a bug, or a HS3 thing?
            It's a Windows thing to help eliminate malware and viruses.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

... so what we need is a HS3 configuration to make it useful again, then.

Comment

Have a look at post #27 at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=180118&page=2

Scott

Comment

Many users use the Startup Delayer app and it works really well. See this post for more information:
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=18
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually this is the better solution... still create a task but have it trigger on startup... I also have mine set to start task every 5 mins if it is not already running in case it dies: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...24#post1267924

Be sure to read the details... you must set the "Start In (Optional)" field.

Comment

Step by step instructions to boot HS3 in Windows 10

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185991

Comment

Working...
                      X