Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Speaker has stopped working - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Speaker has stopped working - Solved!

Hi,

I am upgrading from HS2 to a new clean computer. I have just built a fresh W7 SP1 with all available MS updates, installed and registered HS v.3.0.0.280 and launched it. HS3 started fine but then I got a pop-up message "HomeSeer Speaker has stopped working. Check online for a solution and close the program..."

I did some research and found a couple posts with solutions that did not work out for me.
    What I did is, I tried manually downloading and installing the Speaker app from the HomeSeer web site but was still getting the same error.
    I also double-checked that all .NET windows components are enabled, tried installing .NET4.0 but got an error that I already have a higher version of .NET client onto my computer.

Log file does not indicate any speaker related errors:
    Thank you

Log file is attached
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alexey; July 7, 2016, 12:16 PM.

Check the Windows Event viewer and see if there's a better message.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

3 entries into Event Viewer were found

3 event viewer files are attached,
      thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

i solved this problem on my win7 with reinstalling dot net and the lastest one , and it worked.

Originally posted by Alexey View Post
        Hi,

I am upgrading from HS2 to a new clean computer. I have just built a fresh W7 SP1 with all available MS updates, installed and registered HS v.3.0.0.280 and launched it. HS3 started fine but then I got a pop-up message "HomeSeer Speaker has stopped working. Check online for a solution and close the program..."

I did some research and found a couple posts with solutions that did not work out for me.
        What I did is, I tried manually downloading and installing the Speaker app from the HomeSeer web site but was still getting the same error.
        I also double-checked that all .NET windows components are enabled, tried installing .NET4.0 but got an error that I already have a higher version of .NET client onto my computer.

Log file does not indicate any speaker related errors:
        Thank you

Log file is attached
        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

did not work

I had .NET 4.6.1 installed onto my system.
          Deinstalled, rebooted, cleaned up system temp files and registry, installed the same version (it seems to be the latest one).
          Got the same Speaker error

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey View Post
            I had .NET 4.6.1 installed onto my system.
            Deinstalled, rebooted, cleaned up system temp files and registry, installed the same version (it seems to be the latest one).
            Got the same Speaker error
            Did you check the event viewer.

Comment

Yes, I did and posted log entries above (please see three attachments.)

I did one more test: removed .NET 4.6.1, removed HS3, rebooted, installed .NET 4.5, installed HS3 back and run into the same Speaker error again (I don't have any antivirus app onto my machine).

I also played with HS3 interface as it is slightly different from HS2 and found that menu item (in Plug-Ins menu) that would allow me to install Z-Wave Smartstick interface is missing.

I wonder if second issue somehow relates to the first one.
              I used HS2 for 6 years and did not expect such problems with HS3.
              Please help.
              Thank you

Comment

Does sound work otherwise on the PC? Speaker client requires a functioning audio device.

Comment

What .net libraries do you have loaded on this server? Do you have version 2.0 loaded?

Comment

I found what was wrong.
                    The problem had nothing to do with HomeSeer software.

What happened is, the laptop I am building is going to be a dedicated machine and I tried to speed up operating system by little tweaks and adjustments.
                    One of the things I did I disabled some Windows 7 components (that I was not going to use) including Media Features.

This disabled Win Media Player which as I realize now is required for the HS Speaker client to run properly.

I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your help.
                    Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X