No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an unrelated call to the clients house today. The Homeseer app was unable to open the gate. The DoorBird app worked fine. After entry, I tried from the wall mount tablet, running HS3Touch, to open the gate. Again it failed So, I left it like that until I was able to get to my laptop to work on it.

I am able to wget the doorbird from the homeseer and receive the index.html. I cannot see a preview of the camera from the plugin.
    The root device still shows a Communication Error. It does appear to register doorbell rings tho. I did not test that. I just see a new timestamp on that as well as the door closed.
    Log entries on the HomeSeer are pasted below. I'm guessing the customer is trying the unlock on the touch panel at times. Then they probably use the shortcut to the doorbird app or their phone to open the gate.

A toggle of the plugin enable switch and everything is working again for now.

Code:
     [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 17:01:29[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out.[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 17:01:14[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 17:00:28[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 13:33:53[/TD]
     			[TD]Event[/TD]
     			[TD]Event Trigger "TTS 908 Doorbird Front Gate"[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 13:02:08[/TD]
     			[TD]Event[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:18[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:13[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:08[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:03[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 11:59:58[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 11:59:53[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 11:59:48[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 11:27:46[/TD]
     			[TD]Event[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 10:40:24[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 10:21:03[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 10:20:57[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2019-10-24 10:20:50[/TD]
     			[TD]DoorBird[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Comment

The DoorBird DS101 data sheet recommends minimum height of 57”. Mine would be about 47”. Thoughts?
      Michael

Comment

At 48”, where one of my customers is at, the general feeling is it should be higher. The tops of people’s heads get cut until they step back. It also puts the microphone a bit farther away, lowering what you hear. People tend to leani in to hear the speaker. They also lean into the camera at times thinking you can’t see them.
        The same camera lean in happens with my Ring.
        My next install I might mount higher then the recommended height.

Comment

Originally posted by msinklair View Post
          I had an unrelated call to the clients house today. The Homeseer app was unable to open the gate. The DoorBird app worked fine. After entry, I tried from the wall mount tablet, running HS3Touch, to open the gate. Again it failed So, I left it like that until I was able to get to my laptop to work on it.

I am able to wget the doorbird from the homeseer and receive the index.html. I cannot see a preview of the camera from the plugin.
          The root device still shows a Communication Error. It does appear to register doorbell rings tho. I did not test that. I just see a new timestamp on that as well as the door closed.
          Log entries on the HomeSeer are pasted below. I'm guessing the customer is trying the unlock on the touch panel at times. Then they probably use the shortcut to the doorbird app or their phone to open the gate.

A toggle of the plugin enable switch and everything is working again for now.

Code:
           [TABLE]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 17:01:29[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 17:01:14[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 17:00:28[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 13:33:53[/TD]
          [TD]Event[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 13:02:08[/TD]
          [TD]Event[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:18[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:13[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:08[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 12:00:03[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 11:59:58[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 11:59:53[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 11:59:48[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 11:27:46[/TD]
          [TD]Event[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 10:40:24[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 10:21:03[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 10:20:57[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD]2019-10-24 10:20:50[/TD]
          [TD]DoorBird[/TD]
          [/TR]
          [/TABLE]
          I have a feeling this will be a difficult one to sort, my gut tells me it is something outside of the plugin but I could be wrong. I'm not going to get any extra information out of the plugin that I'm not already getting.

The door bell notifications probably do work OK as they are actioned from a HTTP call into the plugin, that at least shows that the plugin works though.

What I would suggest is completely disabling the plugin, then creating and running this script every 10 seconds (I appreciate it will fill the log but that is the interval it is a similar interval to what the plugin is doing).

Code:
          Imports System.Net
          Imports System.Text

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim ReturnString as String = ""
          Dim Username as String = "ggxxxxj0001"
          Dim Password as String = "fbhyrraxxx"
          Dim IP As String = "192.168.1.8"

Try

Dim wc as New WebClient 

wc.Headers.Add("Authorization", "Basic " & Convert.ToBase64String(Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Username & ":" & Password))) 

ReturnString = wc.DownloadString("http://" & IP & "/bha-api/info.cgi")

hs.writelog("DoorBirdScript", ReturnString)

Catch ex as Exception

hs.writelog("DoorBirdScript", ex.message)

End Try

End Sub
          You will need to change the IP, Username and Password to the ones for the device.

This will just get basic details from the unit and put them in the log, you will need to leave it running for some time - this should hopefully determine whether or not the issue lies in the plugin or with something to do with your setup.

Comment

It's Fantasy Fest week here right now. There are a lot of commings and goings through that gate right now. I've just been watching the connection so that I can reset if needed. I'll have to wait to disable the plugin for a period of time. Would there be any issue with running the script while the plugin is working?

Comment

Originally posted by msinklair View Post
              It's Fantasy Fest week here right now. There are a lot of commings and goings through that gate right now. I've just been watching the connection so that I can reset if needed. I'll have to wait to disable the plugin for a period of time. Would there be any issue with running the script while the plugin is working?
              I understand it is not always practical to have the plugin disabled for any length of time - you can try running the script whilst the plugin is working, the script will work - it was just to isolate it that was all, by all means try and see what happens.

Comment

Okay, I have the script running. It is showing the device info. It showed a comm error when I failed to edit the login and IP, lol
                I also have an alert set up to message me when the Root device changes. I appreciate you helping me troubleshoot this. I've been going back and forth on going with a Z-Wave/IPcam/Custom option for other customers. But, this is a nice, easy, clean, easy install that I would rather do.

Comment

I have the DoorBird plugin (ver 0.0.0.24) installed and my DoorBird D101S setup to communicate with it. From the plugin page everything functions just fine. I have the live video feed along with the motion images etc. However, I do have a couple of strange issues. From the Device Utility page I have al 6 devices but the dates are all off and the status of the devices never change. The Open Door Lock and Turn On Light controls work but again the devices never update the Last Change field.

What I’m primarily interested in are grabbing the Doorbell Status and Motion Sensor status. When the doorbell rings or detects motion I see the events in the plugin Events Data page. I do see in the log that there is an entry for the doorbell but never for motion.

I have been working on this issue off and on for about a month. I have disabled/enabled the plugin. Deleted the plugin along with all the accompanying files, restarted the HS pc and the re-installed. I’m not sure what to do to get the devices to change status. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I found that my server had downloaded a few MS patches but not installed them. I installed them and it seems to have resolved the issue at least for now. Strange but.....

Comment

Originally posted by mpride View Post
                      I found that my server had downloaded a few MS patches but not installed them. I installed them and it seems to have resolved the issue at least for now. Strange but.....
                      As you say - very strange and an unusual but I'll take it if it works.

I wouldn't be sure what to suggest otherwise - apart from the fact that all of the things that don't work for you are incoming HTTP requests to the HS PC (all the outgoing stuff sounds like it works correctly), perhaps that has been blocked by something for some reason which one of the MS patches has fixed.

Comment

Hi all,

I have been in contact with Doorbird support during several weeks, for following issue: 2 settings are always wipedafter a while:
                        • in 3D motion, it is possible to mask some zones that ignore motion detection
                        • In device schedule, a schedule for SIP can be configured
                        After some time, these settings are wiped in the Doorbird D101 device. After weeks of debuging, Doorbird support gave me the IP adress that would have erased the settings, and it was my Homeseer PC (also running the doorbird plugin). As a test, some time ago I disabled the plugin as requested by doorbird support, and still the settings were wiped.

Did anyone experience something similar or has an idea what might cause this?

PS: a year ago the device always lost WiFi credentials, had to pull UTP cable to the device to stay connected.

Comment

Hi, Gladly discovered that there is a plugin for Doorbird. I'm thinking of getting Doorbird D2101KV door station so I'm wondering whether this plugin is compatible with this unit.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
                            Hi, Gladly discovered that there is a plugin for Doorbird. I'm thinking of getting Doorbird D2101KV door station so I'm wondering whether this plugin is compatible with this unit.
                            It won't have support for the keypad/RFID (the API does not expose a huge amount about them) and keep in mind when HS4 comes I won't be making a HS4 version of this plugin (which whilst the HS3 version works who knows for how long it will). Other than that I imagine the basic functionality will work.

Comment

Originally posted by backkri View Post
                              Hi all,

I have been in contact with Doorbird support during several weeks, for following issue: 2 settings are always wipedafter a while:
                              • in 3D motion, it is possible to mask some zones that ignore motion detection
                              • In device schedule, a schedule for SIP can be configured
                              After some time, these settings are wiped in the Doorbird D101 device. After weeks of debuging, Doorbird support gave me the IP adress that would have erased the settings, and it was my Homeseer PC (also running the doorbird plugin). As a test, some time ago I disabled the plugin as requested by doorbird support, and still the settings were wiped.

Did anyone experience something similar or has an idea what might cause this?

PS: a year ago the device always lost WiFi credentials, had to pull UTP cable to the device to stay connected.
                              If the plugin is disabled and this still happens then I honestly have no idea what could cause it unfortunately.

In terms of 3D motion zones then the API does not expose any ability to change those (you can see the API here - https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/api_lan.pdf?rev=0.26) so I'd be comfortable in saying that they are not to do with the plugin and if they originated from the HS PC then I'd be interested to know how they were wiping them if the API does not expose methods to do so?

When DoorBird moved to the new 'schedule' type approach then it did introduce some difficulties, when the plugin starts then it will remove some things from the schedule in order to add them again and correctly register the schedule entries with the unit (to cater for any password changes etc). It should only however remove schedule entries that start with HSCall_*** which is how I prefix the entries that relate to this plugin. It will remove them then add them again in sequence.

I don't know if I can help any more than saying that I don't know if DoorBird may be getting confused and not looking closely enough at the entries and thinking that they are causing your issue as the commands will look similar? The command that I send to remove the HTTP calls to the plugin may probably look similar to the commands that would remove a SIP entry.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                It won't have support for the keypad/RFID (the API does not expose a huge amount about them) and keep in mind when HS4 comes I won't be making a HS4 version of this plugin (which whilst the HS3 version works who knows for how long it will). Other than that I imagine the basic functionality will work.

OK, many thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X