No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I disabled the plugin, 3D motion was modified, but not the SIP schedule. Since the motion sensor might have other cause, the test was not really conclusive.
    For clarity, the SIP related setting that is altered, is the SIP schedule for my FritzFon (SIP settings itself are kept):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190928-095714_DoorBird (1).jpg Views:	19 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	1343462 wiped
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190928-095723_DoorBird (1).jpg Views:	17 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	1343463Original

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I understand it is not always practical to have the plugin disabled for any length of time - you can try running the script whilst the plugin is working, the script will work - it was just to isolate it that was all, by all means try and see what happens.
      Code:
       [TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD]2019-12-02 13:16:49[/TD]
       			[TD]DoorBirdScript[/TD]
       			[TD]{"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1",​ "VERSION": [{"FIRMWARE": "000120",​"BUILD_NUMBER": "15656180",​"WIFI_MAC_ADDR": "1CCAE3717F89",​"RELAYS":["1"],​"DEVICE-TYPE": "DoorBird D101S"}]}}[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
       			[TD]Event[/TD]
       			[TD]Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/doorbird_comm_check.vb[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
       			[TD]Event[/TD]
       			[TD]Event Trigger "Troubleshooting Doorbird communication script"[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD] [/TD]
       			[TD] [/TD]
       			[TD] [/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]2019-12-02 13:16:04[/TD]
       			[TD]DoorBirdScript[/TD]
       			[TD]{"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1",​ "VERSION": [{"FIRMWARE": "000120",​"BUILD_NUMBER": "15656180",​"WIFI_MAC_ADDR": "1CCAE3717F89",​"RELAYS":["1"],​"DEVICE-TYPE": "DoorBird D101S"}]}}[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
       			[TD]Event[/TD]
       			[TD]Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/doorbird_comm_check.vb[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
       			[TD]Event[/TD]
       			[TD]Event Trigger "Troubleshooting Doorbird communication script"[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      I went to the house today and was unable to open the gate via Homeseer. Doorbird app opened it right away.
      Tonight I logged in to try and restart the plugin. The plugin is missing from my list.

I've run out of time tonight. I'll have to find the plugin in the list to see if I can reinstall it. I don't know why it uninstalled.

Comment

After a reboot the plugin reappeared and is working. I'll have to wait for it to fail again to add more info.

Comment

Originally posted by msinklair View Post
          After a reboot the plugin reappeared and is working. I'll have to wait for it to fail again to add more info.
          Are you running multiple instances of the plugin by any chance? I've seen it play up sometimes on the plugin page when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by backkri View Post
            When I disabled the plugin, 3D motion was modified, but not the SIP schedule. Since the motion sensor might have other cause, the test was not really conclusive.
            For clarity, the SIP related setting that is altered, is the SIP schedule for my FritzFon (SIP settings itself are kept):
            Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20190928-095714_DoorBird (1).jpg Views:	19 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	1343462 wiped
            Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20190928-095723_DoorBird (1).jpg Views:	17 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	1343463Original
            I think I can see what might be happening here so I will try and fix it - I'll have to set up some schedules myself and test it.

Comment

I have one last issue I need to figure out with the plug-in. I am emailing motion images and its working. However, its always sending image 2 instead of image 1. I thought at first the HS action might be sending the email before it actually downloaded the latest image but the db.jpg file always has the recent timestamp on it when I check the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\DoorBird" directory. When I check the images page from the plug-in the one that is emailed is image 2. When I check image 1 it is the correct image and the one I'm trying to get via email. Below is the script I'm running as well as the even in HS. I'm not sure what is happening but any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
              ________

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

hs.sendemail("************@gmail.com","","","","From DoorBird","Latest Picture",hs.getapppath & "\html\images\DoorBird\db.jpg")

End Sub
              ________
              Click image for larger version

Name:	HS Event Configuration.png
Views:	443
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1345535

Comment

Hello mrhappy, I like your Doorbird app and have found quite useful.

I have been using it for a while but had a bit of trouble when moving to a new hardware platform for Homeseer. The Doorbird app is partially working, I can view images from the Doorbird and I can enable the light on the Doorbird but no status updates are coming from it. For example the Doorbell status is always "Not Ringing" and the "Door Open Status" is always closed.

I have tried deleting all the nodes and reinstalling the app to see if that would help, but it hasn't so far. Could you please recommend some steps to help with debugging this.

For reference, I've attached the configuration of my Doorbell Status device:

Name:	Configuration.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1346956Click image for larger version

Name:	Advanced.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1346955Click image for larger version

Name:	StatusGraphics.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1346954

Thanks for your help, Daryl

Comment

Originally posted by mpride View Post
                  I have one last issue I need to figure out with the plug-in. I am emailing motion images and its working. However, its always sending image 2 instead of image 1. I thought at first the HS action might be sending the email before it actually downloaded the latest image but the db.jpg file always has the recent timestamp on it when I check the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\DoorBird" directory. When I check the images page from the plug-in the one that is emailed is image 2. When I check image 1 it is the correct image and the one I'm trying to get via email. Below is the script I'm running as well as the even in HS. I'm not sure what is happening but any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
                  ________

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

hs.sendemail("************@gmail.com","","","","From DoorBird","Latest Picture",hs.getapppath & "\html\images\DoorBird\db.jpg")

End Sub
                  ________

Name:	HS Event Configuration.png
Views:	443
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1345535
                  I'll check that one, think I may have seen it before. It's on the list to resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by gear View Post
                    Hello mrhappy, I like your Doorbird app and have found quite useful.

I have been using it for a while but had a bit of trouble when moving to a new hardware platform for Homeseer. The Doorbird app is partially working, I can view images from the Doorbird and I can enable the light on the Doorbird but no status updates are coming from it. For example the Doorbell status is always "Not Ringing" and the "Door Open Status" is always closed.

I have tried deleting all the nodes and reinstalling the app to see if that would help, but it hasn't so far. Could you please recommend some steps to help with debugging this.

For reference, I've attached the configuration of my Doorbell Status device:

Name:	Configuration.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1346956Click image for larger version

Name:	Advanced.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1346955Click image for larger version

Name:	StatusGraphics.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1346954

Thanks for your help, Daryl
                    This kind of suggests that the DoorBird is unable to reach your HS server, what the plugin does is create a number of schedule entries in the DoorBird service that gives the IP address of your HS PC, then when an event happens it calls into your HS system. A couple of things really to check;

Did the IP address of your HS PC change when you moved hardware? It might be that the old IP address is still stuck in the DoorBird schedule and hitting an incorrect address

Do you password protect your HS system when you access it over the LAN? If so have you changed the username/password for that?

Comment

Did the IP address of your HS PC change when you moved hardware? It might be that the old IP address is still stuck in the DoorBird schedule and hitting an incorrect address
                      Sorry I missed your immediate reply, but yes this sound quite plausible.

However, as I mentioned I am getting images and other event data on the plugin management page.
                      On the plugin settings page the correct IP for my Homeseer instance is shown and is appended by :80 .

I don't have passwords required for local LAN access.

If I were to try re-installing again should I manually remove the plugin folder to force a clean install?

Thanks, Daryl

Comment

Following up from my last message, the root cause appears to be that the Doorbird user I configured in Homeseer App did not have API User permissions. As a result the stale address was populated in the favorites entries. Now, I also see the note that "Notifications Correctly Setup" on the plugin's settings page.

Doorbird recommends not giving API User permissions to the default user and so I've now set up a second user for use with Homeseer.

I didn't see any discussion on the permission level covered in the original documentation PDF (at the top of this thread) and the doc link from the app (http://seriousface.ddns.net/plugins/...#DoorBird%203P ) doesn't seem to work for me - so solving this wasn't obvious. I ended up reading the Doorbird API and and manually interfacing to it.

Maybe this was a change made by Doorbird since I didn't have any trouble with the original install. Doorbirds Android app indicates I'm running firmware 0000120 on my doorbell.

Regards, Daryl

Comment

Are you running multiple instances of the plugin by any chance? I've seen it play up sometimes on the plugin page when that happens.
                          I am not using multiple instances.

Comment

I think I can see what might be happening here so I will try and fix it - I'll have to set up some schedules myself and test it.
                            Dear mrhappy,

Did you make any progress on this SIP schedule issue? 3D motion issue seems to be solved by Doorbird support, but this one sometimes still appears. I have the impression it is mainly happening when plugin or HS restart, does that sound possible?

Comment

The documentation link is dead for me. Is this available somewhere else?
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by backkri View Post

Dear mrhappy,

Did you make any progress on this SIP schedule issue? 3D motion issue seems to be solved by Doorbird support, but this one sometimes still appears. I have the impression it is mainly happening when plugin or HS restart, does that sound possible?
                                Unfortunately I've had very little time and indeed at the minute I don't have a working HS install (my HS PC died the other week) at all so I don't have the means to test anything. I hope to get around to it in the next coming weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X