No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DoorBird is working again, all the schedules where gone in the DoorBird.
    The button "Remove notification schedules" removes everything also the schedules DoorBird it self uses!! (in HS3)

mrhappy In version 0.0.0.24 ther e was a message Notification setup completed (or simalar) in version 0.0.0.30 it's gone, why?
    HS4 it's working again, but HS3 still Not working good.
    This error is in the Log when start the plugin:
    DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out.
    Only if I make the HTTP rules in the DoorBird myself.
    The DoorBird page load in HS3 takes a verry long time, and this errors are showed where the motion and doorbell images should show up:
    Image 1 Failed To Download - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Can you fix it

Comment

Originally posted by budejake View Post
      Great to see these updates!

From my testing of 0.0.0.30
      Doorbird D2101KV, Door Chime, Gate Controller (3 relays).

Generally all works well, two issues:
      1) If I rename any of the relays in homeseer it stops working
      2) One of my relays is a toggle (rather than opening relay for a few seconds). Whilst the button works, the status in homeseer doesn't. If shows open for a few seconds and then back to closed.
      OK - slightly odd this one - is this HS4 by chance?

Renaming a device should have zero impact, the only impact should be if you change the device code/address (which in HS3 you can't change the address) which you should be wary of doing in any plugin. One part of the code should be your MAC address (which I use as a unique ID to find the device in HS), the second part is the device type and then the relay number (so MAC-Relay-1 etc.). The only thing I can think is if you are using HS4 and it deals with these differently or you have changed the code field.

The second point is a case where the DoorBird API is quite poor, the only option exists is to trigger the relay, no ability to change the state (see page 12 here https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/api_lan.pdf?rev=0.28) neither is there the ability to get the current state of a relay.

What I have to do in the plugin is send that command, if it sends OK then set the HS device and reset it within a couple of seconds (five I think) which is the behaviour you are observing, the reason I do that is in case people are triggering events off of that device so at least it changes status for a short time.

I guess it might be better if I understood what happened when you sent the command, is the relay latching and then next time you press it is it going into the opposite state (with the HS device not representing it)? If in doubt you can do it from outside of HS by sending the command as shown in the API document.

Comment

Paul32 I've had a read through of your posts, I've unfortunately been busy the past couple of days.

All the page loading slowly are indicative of the plugin not being able to communicate with the DoorBird unit, it will hit the point of the web client timing out and then return you a page that is missing details/errors. I think I set the timeout as being quite high (prob 10/15 seconds) as I can suffer with poor connection with my unit and it is not uncommon for me to have to wait five seconds or so to get an image.

The only things that would cause an issue with this are the credentials being incorrect, the credentials not being an API operator (in the DoorBird app) or the IP address being wrong.

The entries around WiFi in the log are nothing to worry about, I have to check in the plugin what the MAC address is (which I use as a unique ID) and the JSON array returns either the WiFi MAC or a wired MAC in seperate fields so I log both to determine which is in use, if they are blank then that is OK providing at least one has your MAC address in (which it should because it is creating your devices).

The button to remove the schedules I don't think should remove the push notifications unless it is using the same ID number as the push notifications. The API as I say I don't particularly like and has odd functions like this, you can specify a schedule by any ID number you want and to deal with the issue with SIP schedules being deleted as reported by others I moved from having the ID numbers 1/2/3 and instead moved them to numbers I think are unlikely to be used by anything else other than my plugin (997/998 I think). That way when it comes to removing the schedules then there is a greater chance I am removing one that belongs to the plugin rather than one from the app/created individually.

The entries for the schedules setup are now in the HS log rather than the web page.

So, if you are seeing issues in your HS3 install then the only thing I can think is the credentials/IP are incorrect, it might be worth deleting the ini file from your config directory to see if that is causing any issue and start again.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Paul32 I've had a read through of your posts, I've unfortunately been busy the past couple of days.

All the page loading slowly are indicative of the plugin not being able to communicate with the DoorBird unit, it will hit the point of the web client timing out and then return you a page that is missing details/errors. I think I set the timeout as being quite high (prob 10/15 seconds) as I can suffer with poor connection with my unit and it is not uncommon for me to have to wait five seconds or so to get an image.

The only things that would cause an issue with this are the credentials being incorrect, the credentials not being an API operator (in the DoorBird app) or the IP address being wrong.

The entries around WiFi in the log are nothing to worry about, I have to check in the plugin what the MAC address is (which I use as a unique ID) and the JSON array returns either the WiFi MAC or a wired MAC in seperate fields so I log both to determine which is in use, if they are blank then that is OK providing at least one has your MAC address in (which it should because it is creating your devices).

The button to remove the schedules I don't think should remove the push notifications unless it is using the same ID number as the push notifications. The API as I say I don't particularly like and has odd functions like this, you can specify a schedule by any ID number you want and to deal with the issue with SIP schedules being deleted as reported by others I moved from having the ID numbers 1/2/3 and instead moved them to numbers I think are unlikely to be used by anything else other than my plugin (997/998 I think). That way when it comes to removing the schedules then there is a greater chance I am removing one that belongs to the plugin rather than one from the app/created individually.

The entries for the schedules setup are now in the HS log rather than the web page.

So, if you are seeing issues in your HS3 install then the only thing I can think is the credentials/IP are incorrect, it might be worth deleting the ini file from your config directory to see if that is causing any issue and start again.
          Thanks for the reply

I have checked the credentials/IP they are ok (i use the same for HS4), HS3 loading the doorbird page is still slow and these errors I see on the image pages:
          Image 1 Failed To Download - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I will try to delete the ini file, and let know the result.

Comment

Renaming a device should have zero impact
            mrhappy Renaming the devices does cause a problem for me in HS3 with version 0.0.0.30.

If I rename the devices and reboot HS3 the plugin creates a whole new set of devices. In the screenshot attached you can see that I renamed the devices (got rid of the word 'default') and changed the status graphics to suit my theme. But on reboot at around 3am the devices were recreated.

Interestingly it has also change the addresses of the devices.

This might be part of the reason why budejake is having problem with his relays when he renames the device.

This is a little annoying as events that use doorbird devices (e.g. Ringing) stop working.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200927-064714_Edge.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	1422047
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

mrhappy Also, do you think you could ask HS to create a sub forum for Doorbird? This thread is getting very long and difficult to follow.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

The new version isn't working for me on hs3 either. The plugin shows the motion or doorbell ring in events. It also is showing the images. But it won't run a homeseer event. Everything was working perfectly in previous version.

Comment

Originally posted by budejake View Post
                  Great to see these updates!

From my testing of 0.0.0.30
                  Doorbird D2101KV, Door Chime, Gate Controller (3 relays).

Generally all works well, two issues:
                  1) If I rename any of the relays in homeseer it stops working
                  2) One of my relays is a toggle (rather than opening relay for a few seconds). Whilst the button works, the status in homeseer doesn't. If shows open for a few seconds and then back to closed.
                  No, everything is hard wired

Comment

mminehan budejake

I should of tested before I said it should have no difference, I can now recreate what you are seeing. The blame garden is a little misty at the minute, it appears that if you change the name of the device in the HS web page then HS is dropping the device code completely. If you change the name by a short script like this;

Code:
                    Sub Main(Parm As Object)

Dim dv As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass

dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(4372)

dv.Name(hs) = "Enable or Disable"

hs.saveeventsdevices()

End Sub
                    Replacing the refs/names as appropriate then the code is retained by HS if you run a script to change it. I've created a video of it here;

as it is fairly easy to see when you have the address column visible (I don't normally bother) the code just disappears. The SDK says the code can be of type string and no mention of whether there are restrictions on how long/format etc and in any case I can't believe I would be the first to see this? I'm fairly sure I've used this type of arrangement before (address being the plugin name, code being the device type/internal reference) without noticing an issue so could be a recent change perhaps? The reason I went down this approach is that it is much easier to find the devices in HS and I don't have store lists/use the PED.

Not sure what to do if I am honest as it could be a bug in HS (or just documentation that is lacking) and I should not need to code around bugs but then again HS3 bugs might never be fixed again.

Re the HS forum then HST were always of the view if you distribute your plugins for free you don't get a sub forum...that's why mine are sprayed all over different parts of the message board.

djsaad1 - have you renamed any of the devices at all like the previous users? If so could you try a fresh install of the plugin (deleting all devices) and see if that changes anything.

Comment

I am using a DoorBird D101S and want to share some experiences. The command 'http://192.168.1.29/bha-api/info.cgi' yields:

Code:
                      {"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1", "VERSION": [{"FIRMWARE": "000128","BUILD_NUMBER": "15961006","WIFI_MAC_ADDR": "1CCAE3708962","RELAYS":[],"DEVICE-TYPE": "DoorBird D101S"}]}}
                      I also went form HS3 to HS4 version 4.1.9.1 on a RaspberryPi running Raspbian Buster.
                      What I did was uninstalling the plugin and removing all the devices concerning Doorbird.
                      After installation (version 0.0.0.30) four devices are made, in the HS3 situation I had six devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-01_133227.png
Views:	456
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1430252
                      Be sure not to change anything on the devices otherwise HS is dropping the device code indeed. If you did, disable and enable the plugin and new devices are made, remove the ones not working. At least, with me it works this way.

Now I see that the status of the doorbell is working but the status of the motion sensor is not. If I use the command

Code:
                      http://192.168.1.20:8080/doorbird?triggertype=[12]
                      then the bell or motion status changes all right.
                      So I think something in the DoorBird is not sending the motion status. I have been playing with the 'Schedule for doorbell' in the Expert Settings but without results.

Suggestions are appreciated.

@mrhappy: would it be possible to rename the device names in a name without spaces or change the space in an underscore? I am using the status in MQTT communication and these spaces are giving me troubles because they form the Topic.

-- Cor --

Comment

@mrhappy: would it be possible to rename the device names in a name without spaces or change the space in an underscore? I am using the status in MQTT communication and these spaces are giving me troubles because they form the Topic.
                        Well, it turns out that there is not a problem with the MQTT application. So forget this remark about spaces in the name.

The DoorBird not sending the motion status stays a problem. Also no images are send to the plugin. The DoorBird error in the log is:

Code:
                        ReturnDownloadedImage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        --Cor --

Comment

Originally posted by Cor View Post
                          The DoorBird not sending the motion status stays a problem. Also no images are send to the plugin.
                          I recently had a similar problem. No images including doorbell press iamges. Check the DoorBird app on your phone to see if it is getting images from DoorBird.

I tried several things to fix it but in the end had to a factory reset of the DoorBird. If you need to reset it make sure the email address in the app is correct as you will be sent a whole new set of passwords which you will need to put in the app and plugin. Resetting did the trick. App and plugin now working as expected.

M

Comment

Thanks for this suggestion.
                            I do get images from the DoorBird in HS, HSMobile and in HSBuddy. This seems to work.
                            Bur its worth a try.

Comment

One more question, are you running HS3 or HS4?
                              BTW, the app on the phone is getting the images.

Comment

Originally posted by Cor View Post
                                One more question, are you running HS3 or HS4?
                                BTW, the app on the phone is getting the images.
                                I'm running HS3.
                                You may have a different problem than the one I was having. My DoorBird stopped sending/saving images late October. The last image on the phone app was 21st October. Also same last image on HS3. After a reset of the DoorBord it all came right.
                                M

Comment

Working...
                                X