DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
    Well, this is odd... not sure when exactly it started failing, but I noticed it on a recent restart. It fails, but the logs make it look like it's talking to the unit. And the unit still works for everything else.

Here's from disable to enable (xxxx to lose some info):

Code:
     [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Nov-12 5:10:13 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000] [/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]DoorBird[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error Connecting To DoorBird - Not Registering Favourites/Schedules[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-12 5:10:13 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]SendWebCommand Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird Device Type:[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird MAC Address: 1CCAExxxxx[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird Build Number: 44775[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird Firmware: 000103[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Success At Connection To DoorBird[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Finished initializing plug-in DoorBird[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Starting Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird loaded in 324 milliseconds[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]DoorBird Username: xxxx[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]HomeSeer IP Address Found & Returning: 192.168.253.11:80[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Detected HomeSeer IP Address: 192.168.253.11[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]No Manual IP Found In INI File[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]IP Address For Instance: 192.168.253.55[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin DoorBird started successfully in 56 milliseconds[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Initializing plugin DoorBird ...[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin DoorBird has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:2359[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-12 5:10:03 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin DoorBird with instance: has disconnected[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-12 5:10:03 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Shutting down Plug-In: DoorBird[/COLOR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    suggestions?
    OK well it seems to get to the point of trying to get the device type and not returning that (which is unusual in itself) and what else is unusual is the version of firmware you are running is a fair bit behind mine (I'm on V112 you are on V103). I already put a test in the plugin to determine whether or not users are running firmware version V110 or below as this must have been when they made a fair bit of an upgrade and released the multi relay and multi schedule options, it is not getting to that warning but I think I know why as it is trying to examine how many relays your unit has immediately prior to that warning but because your unit is on an old FW version it is probably erroring on that because that part of the JSON structure does not exist.

Now I can move that check and it may very well work but I am more concerned about why you have such an old firmware version, my understanding was that updates were automatically pushed from DoorBird servers - do you have any blocking or similar rules in a firewall that might be stopping the unit reaching out onto the internet?

Comment

I have submitted .23 to the updater (waiting on HST to OK it) which fixes an issue with devices resetting themselves quickly so they appeared not to update. I've also changed the above issue with respect to errors on really old DoorBird firmware versions.

Here is a video about how to set API permissions in the DoorBird app also - not BBC quality but shows you what you need to press.

Comment

mrhappy , thanks for the reply. The Doorbird is connecting to the internet. Can't imagine why it hasn't updated. I'm searching now to try to figure out how to force a firmware update. Hm...

Comment

Looks like Doorbird only updates if connected by Ethernet. I'll have to remove it from the wall and hit it with a cable. Maybe I'll try again to get a cable in there...

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
            Looks like Doorbird only updates if connected by Ethernet. I'll have to remove it from the wall and hit it with a cable. Maybe I'll try again to get a cable in there...
            That shouldn't be the case - mine works updating by WiFi connection. It might be one to ask DoorBird about as they are responsible for pushing updates to it - unless you are blocking their IP or something in your router?

Comment

The new update fixed my 2nd instance issue. Thank you! Now have two running perfectly.

Comment

I'm currently testing my Doorbird before mounting it.
                I installed the plugin before X-mas and it was working fine then.

But now the plugin doesn't react when I press the call button. Am I doing something wrong?
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

That shouldn't be the case - mine works updating by WiFi connection. It might be one to ask DoorBird about as they are responsible for pushing updates to it - unless you are blocking their IP or something in your router?
                  Turns out you're right. After cabling it up, the tech support said that it should have worked on WiFI. Yeesh. Now they're going to escalate. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    I'm currently testing my Doorbird before mounting it.
                    I installed the plugin before X-mas and it was working fine then.

But now the plugin doesn't react when I press the call button. Am I doing something wrong?
                    Strange...can you enable developer mode for me, press the call button (is this the doorbell button or to open the voice line?) and see if anything happens. The logging should suggest what is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Strange...can you enable developer mode for me, press the call button (is this the doorbell button or to open the voice line?) and see if anything happens. The logging should suggest what is happening.
                      I just figured it out! I just double-checked that the "API persmission" was set for the user, but it was unchecked!
                      I re-enabled it and voilá!

I need to keep an eye on that, because it WAS checked before (the plugin was working before Christmas).
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

can you please advise how to troubleshoot Communication Error
                        i just installed the plugin 0.0.0.23 and i am receiving error below in log
                        Apr-19 8:57:07 AM DoorBird Error Connecting To DoorBird - Not Registering Favourites/Schedules
                        Apr-19 8:57:07 AM DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                        Apr-19 8:57:07 AM DoorBird DoorBird Username: gheeqx0000
                        6 Devices were create in homeseer , and the status of the Root Device = "Communication Error".
                        i am using Doorbird D2100 hardwired to a PoE network switch. the doorbird android app is working fine--pushing notifications for motion. but the HS devices are not being updated

plugin Settings tab shows "No Notifications/Connection Issue/Awaiting Connection"
                        plugin Event Data tab shows "Communication Failure/Exception"

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
                          can you please advise how to troubleshoot Communication Error
                          i just installed the plugin 0.0.0.23 and i am receiving error below in log
                          Apr-19 8:57:07 AM DoorBird Error Connecting To DoorBird - Not Registering Favourites/Schedules
                          Apr-19 8:57:07 AM DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                          Apr-19 8:57:07 AM DoorBird DoorBird Username: gheeqx0000
                          6 Devices were create in homeseer , and the status of the Root Device = "Communication Error".
                          i am using Doorbird D2100 hardwired to a PoE network switch. the doorbird android app is working fine--pushing notifications for motion. but the HS devices are not being updated

plugin Settings tab shows "No Notifications/Connection Issue/Awaiting Connection"
                          plugin Event Data tab shows "Communication Failure/Exception"

thanks
                          Can you check that the username you are using for the DoorBird device has the API operator permission settings as shown in post #242 above - not the best video I know but that has to be enabled for the username to get the right permissions.

Comment

yes thanks--the username i'm using for the doorbird device DOES has the API-operator permission checked = True

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
                              yes thanks--the username i'm using for the doorbird device DOES has the API-operator permission checked = True
                              OK and can you just double check that the username/password you are using in the DoorBird plugin are correct, they are encrypted in the INI file so you may need to just put them in the plugin settings page again and press save. I am reasonably confident it is something simple like that...

If that does not work then have you changed the default password to use any sort of special characters?

Comment

thank you. in the plugin setting page I typed the username and password instead of copy and paste. the HS devices are now showing status and the plugin shows the video and motion images. so all looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X